"Real People"

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by unphased, Jun 11, 2015.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

The latest stupidity to enter the English language "real person/people".

What else can a person be?

Not an actor. Not an actress. Not an android.

I blame soshul meedger

Real people, whatever next. :rolleyes:

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

real people drink real beer and eat real cheeze, they talk in real time in the real world and don't like imitation, unlike people who watch cooking programs :rolleyes:

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Really? That's unreal! I really think real people exist as opposed to unreal people. Mind you there are people who might only appear real when in fact they ain't real at all. I like real ale but is all ale real though, is it though. As opposed to unreal ale. Dunno. S'confusin.

4. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Get real for Pete's sake!

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

funnily enough I don't like real ale, I much prefer the unreal carling, but it gets me drunk if i drink too much so if that's not real,then I'm for the unreal world or even the sureal ( whay ever that means), David Dickinson knows what the real deal is, perhaps he should be invited to tell us, o_O

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

He would be too busy painting himself orange!:D:D:D

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That's definitely not real. :)

8. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

quite unreal lol

9. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

In the good ol' days when I was young there were two types of ale, and two types of lager. Ale was either cask or keg. Lager was just pi££, not real, and was either proper or lite (or pilsner). So then along came a group of paunchy individuals who preferred cask ale and invented a campaign group called CAMRA. In their view cask was the only real ale, and there was born the term we love so dearly, Real Ale. Real Ale is cask, it is alive in the barrel. Keg beer is a finished product and just gets put in to kegs and bottles. Lager is just pi££ and is never sold in barrels, only kegs. Keg and Lager is not real beer.

In a nut shell, if the ale is still live and fermenting when it is put in to a barrel then that is cask or Real Ale.

Two of the best real ales ever to grace my taste buds were Brew XI bitter and Highgate Mild, both Mitchells and Butlers, now merged in to Bass plc. I was informed that the Highgate Brewery in Walsall was pulled down about six years ago, very sad, and is now houses. The M&B Cape Hill brewery is no longer either, even sadder , but according to Wikipeedya Brew Eleven is still brewed under licence by Brains, but I haven't seen any for decades. I doubt it would be the proper stuff though, not the REAL stuff. :)