Reasons to use a pro tiler

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Comlec, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

I wonder why they are getting their bathroom redone. I am looking to buy the bath:)

$_57.jpg

2. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

NIce bath.
    I had a tiler in recently and the tiles ran off on both sides. He said the room was off square which it likely was but he squared off the short wall instead off the long wall.
    Short wall wouldn't really have been noticeable.
    Other than that he did a good job.

3. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

looks like someone drew them on with a bookies pencil.

4. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Looking at the variations and highlights in the glaze these look suspiciously like "moustier" (from fired earth) hand-made tiles from France. I've used them a couple of times - most recently in our kitchen which I re-did last year, as here. (At a huge discount as they were end-of-line - wouldn't normally pay fired earth prices!!) They are a bit of a PITA as they are not particularly flat, vary in size about +/- 1mm and chip like hell when cut. The glaze variations do look nice though when put up with care. (we like them anyway)
    [​IMG]

5. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

I thought they looked like Mexican hand made jobs.....nightmare sizes.....+/- 5/7mm.