Reccomend some comfortable steel toecap boots?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Monkey Chops, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Monkey Chops

Monkey Chops Member

I'm looking for some steel toecap boots for general duties. No special requirements other than toe protection and they have to be as comfortable as possible. I bought some of these from Screwfix, but they are really uncomfortable, mainly because they are roughly half a size smaller than they should be and they don't do half sizes!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/site-onyx-safety-boots-brown-size-10/3746h

Any recommendations? I don't mind spending a bit more if it's worth it.

Any recommendations please? Thanks!

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Going up half a size ain't going to notice, allow for thicker socks, I take a 11.5, but wear a 12.

Monkey Chops likes this.
  3. Monkey Chops

Monkey Chops Member

Thanks, I would have gone up half a size, but they don't do half sizes in those. I've got other boots and I am usually a 10, but these feel much smaller, easy half a size down. Up a full size will be too big, even with thick socks I reckon. With the ones in the link, they felt a bit wierd kind of like they were both the same shape, not right or left handed, but both the same when on.

4. I always use some labelled as V6, I think by Warrior? But not sure that is the brand/maker?

I dont think they are the highest standard of safety boot, but they suit what I need them for. The comfort is definitely suited to me.

Like most items like that, you need to try and see how they feel to you, rather than buying blind. Even if it means paying a little more first time.

Once you find a brand/fit you like it is then easier to just buy again, looking for the best deal.

Monkey Chops likes this.