Recommendations for off the wall toilet and cistern

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by powerslave, Sep 27, 2016.

1. powerslave

powerslave New Member

Hi,

I was thinking of installing an off the wall toilet and cistern in my bathroom but have never had any experience with these before. Can anyone recommend a good brand and maybe model?

Thanks,
    Pete

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

By off the wall do you mean "wall hung"

3. powerslave

powerslave New Member

Yep sorry I meant wall hung haha

4. Pollowick

Frames come from the cheap frame only through to the top end expensive which includes cistern, support bolts and basic waste pipes/fittings.

I used a Grohe frame which was then boxed in with HardieBacker and tiled over. The WC was from Roca.

Mine is a Rapid SL: http://pro.grohe.com/uk/4978/bathroom/sanitary-systems/rapid-sl-installation-system/ It includes fixings to hold te to[ rigid - which some others do not have.

5. powerslave

powerslave New Member

Thanks for the response Pollowick. Ok i'll take a look at the Grohe i've heard they make good stuff! I've seen some cheaper frame/cisterns on ebay but i'm a bit wary, any thoughts?

6. Pollowick

Depends on what comes with it and how it fixes.

My Grohe was complete with the waste outlet pipes - straight and 90deg, cistern, flush plate and pan fixing bolts. Some do not.

They will have base fixing points and ideally they should be adjustable brackets to fix/hold the top on place off the wall. Some cheaper ones appear not to have those.

You should be able to get a good discount on a Grohe - well down from their advertised price which will bring it much closer to the ebay versions.