Recommended Acryling sealer for plasterboard/tiling

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Monkey Chops, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Monkey Chops

Monkey Chops Member

I'm just putting plasterboards up in the bathroom ready for tiling and I've just read a few threads about using an Acrylic primer to tile over. Could anyone recommend the right primer please?

Thanks!

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Is the plasterboard just standard and has it been skimmed?

Would ave thought something like aquapanel or hardibacker for bathroom areas.

I did one many years ago using fermacell I think.

Monkey Chops likes this.
  3. Monkey Chops

Monkey Chops Member

It's just standard 12.5mm plasterboard, it's all I could get locally delivered. No skim. It's going to be tiled all over, the room is back to the brick at the moment waiting for the boards to go up.

4. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

Buy yourself an Everbuild Aquaseal kit for ~£30, comes with enough primer to do the room.

Monkey Chops likes this.
  5. Monkey Chops

Monkey Chops Member

I was just watching a vid about that on youtube, I'll check it out, cheers!

6. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

SBR diluted

Monkey Chops likes this.
  7. Monkey Chops

Monkey Chops Member

Where did you see the kit for 30 mate? I can see one on Amazon from a seller but with a long delivery time, others seem to be 50 ish?

8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

SBR and as someone mentioned brush on tanking around the bath. Use cement based bagged adhesive and all will be fine. Main thing is thorough grouting and good quality silicon around the bath.

Monkey Chops likes this.
  9. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

If you search Google Shopping for Everbuild Aquaseal Wet Room System Kit Standard you can find it for £29 +£4 postage (free postage over £50).

Monkey Chops likes this.
  10. Monkey Chops

Monkey Chops Member

Found the 7.5sqm one for 40 inc next day delivery, so I'll do the whole bathroom while I'm at it, cheers for the help once again!