Relax, folks, there is

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Crud because you support brexit.

Not crud because of arguable facts ?

I didnt say it was perfect. But it does examine some questions that keep getting raised by the brexit camp, that are pure bs !

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Complete unsubstantiated rollox more like!
    In fact, it was that bad that I'm surprised the superior intelligence of our resident EU cheerleaders failed to acknowledge such.

They thought it was brilliant..
    ..that speaks volumes, imo.

3. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Crud because it was largely crud.
    Imho.
    I don't support Brexit. I support the EU being scrapped.
    We're not all Britocentric ;)

4. Yes.

I guess the real difference betwixt us is that you seem to assume that Gerry is all out for themselves whereas I believe they (also) have the greater interests of the EU at heart as they see the bigger picture.

5. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

One and the same thing imco. They can't afford a return to the Deutschmark so the EU, and more importantly, the Euro must survive.

longboat likes this.
  6. P J Thompson

Artificially weak currency (both within and without the EU) - leading to artificially attractive exports, low bond yields caused by the comparison with southern European countries - meaning cheap borrowing for the country, interest payments on the bonds bought from those southern European countries that have high bond yields due to desperately trying to remain within the Eurozone, the largest political voice within the EU - bought in large part by the preceding bits of this paragraph.....
    No, Germany definitely doesn't have it's own interests at heart. Any more than it's industrial base was built on the very clever work of Martin Bormann and his German industrialist Nazi cohorts at the end of WW2.

btiw2 likes this.
  7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I wasn't going to mention 'The Second World Unpleasantness', but I'm glad you did. Some interesting names in the list of companies Bormann set up, Merck, Siemens,
    and all with the tacit approval of the allied nations, what was the ultimate aim? surely more than just transferring Nazi gold out of Germany?

8. P J Thompson

Bormann's flight capital programme was brilliant. A masterstroke. It wasn't just funds that got shipped, it was valuable patents too. They'd learnt from the post WW1 era and Bormann made sure that the allies would find little left to um plunder

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Of course, Every country within the EU is out for themselves DA.. Would they have it any other way? How do they ever manage to agree on things DA ? I'll tell ya. The EU suggests some directive or trade deal etc, the members get to vote on it. If they disagree, the EU approach the countries that are against the directive/ trade deal and throw a lot of euros in their direction (remember the Irish voting against something some years ago ? ) Yep that's exactly how it works DA.. The EU is practically a very large business that pays people for their agreement. I'm surprised that the EU hasn't offered the British government MP's a zillion pound each in their bank accounts to stay in the EU. (and I would be very surprised if any MP turned them down, specially that nice EU supporter Corbyn (you know him dontcha? Was always a Eurosceptic MP until it came to the referendum)) I bet it stuck in his craw to come out on the Remoan side (or was he secretly hoping for a nice EU post once Labour voters ditch him? ) ;);););)

10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

QUOTE="P J Thompson, post: 1530891, member: 167039"]Bormann's flight capital programme was brilliant. A masterstroke. It wasn't just funds that got shipped, it was valuable patents too. They'd learnt from the post WW1 era and Bormann made sure that the allies would find little left to um plunder[/QUOTE]

Fascinating stuff PJ, it almost sounds as if the Nazis (that's the bad guys I'm guessing) at the end of the 2nd world unpleasantness, are extracting all the ill gotten gains and setting up international companies to form some sort of pan European union of companies as some sort of power base.
    Sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy theory to me.;)

11. P J Thompson

It was a conspiracy. In Nazi Germany the penalty for doing things like investing in overseas companies was....death.
    All of Bormann's meetings with the industrialists were carried out in secrecy, Hitler who'd instructed Bormann to prepare for the fourth Reich, turned a blind eye but it was still a risky process for those involved. It seems that a kind of blackmail was involved. Several industrialists had already been breaking this law and Bormann knew it. He gave them the choice of joining the plan or um not....

It was a classic conspiracy and it worked a treat.
    Many of the companies involved are household names....Bosch, Basf, Siemens, IG Farben.......
    The idea was to safeguard everything needed to rebuild a strong German economy once the 'heat had died down' and hopefully then dominate through economic power.....ringing any bells? :D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  12. P J Thompson

Of course ( ;) ) once you look into this aspect of post war history, you may then come across things like the Bank for International Settlements. Set up to deal with post war reparations but now very much a different beast....and on the reparations note...you may discover just how big a pile of money Germany was supposed to pay um.....Greece, for the mass slaughter that went on.....and just how little of it has actually been paid.

13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

And they bombed my mums house in Battersea.

14. Did they survive?

Still got an inbuilt hatred of Germans ?

15. joinerjohn1

I'm off to Crete in 3 weeks time Jack... Cretans don't particularly care for Germans. (can't think of a reason why though) ;);)

16. You still have this inbuilt hatred too?

Have you ever actually met a German and had a conversation? Its ok, no need to answer that, it is fairly obvious.

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

NURSE!, NURSE!, Jacks out again.

longboat likes this.
  18. That explains a lot.

You are in hospital? :rolleyes:

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

No, tragically his mother died before he was born.:rolleyes:

Or Filly is very, very old.

20. joinerjohn1

Hey Jack, I have met plenty of Germans abroad. Stayed at one hotel which had signs up saying "No towels on the sunbeds (both in English and German, and some other language) Watched one morning at 7:10 am as German tourists placed their towels on the sunbeds,, and half hour later some Spanish chap who worked at the hotel took them all off and chucked them all in the pool. I've watched them steal from the buffet breakfast , because they were going on a day trip, when the hotel offered them packed lunches. I've also watched them push to the front of a queue in shops etc, all without disregard for the people who have been waiting patiently.. So you reckon this is an inbuilt hatred of Germans?? Not at all, I have a hatred of all who steal, push their way to the front of a queue, and generally act in an unsociable way....... What about you ?