Removing electric shower

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Mr Rusty, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Bathroom refit coming up. When we moved in there were two showers over the bath - two heads, two hoses. One electric t'other mixer. The electric shower is coming out in the refit. Normal installation - dedicated circuit MCB, isolator switch on other side bathroom ceiling. Have access to loft above shower - cable down partition, and also access above switch.

Q. Where would you guys isolate the cable? Inclination is to terminate in a JB in the loft by removing switch and leaving live feed to this in a labelled JB. turn off MCB. Once all isolated, remove shower etc. No potentially live work in notifiable zone.

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

That sounds like a sensible way to do it.

3. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

Leave the cable in the partition but remove from switch and clip near junction box and label up then easy refit if anyone wants a shower in the future

4. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Sub board on the end of it up in the loft for light and a socket

DNR Plumbing likes this.
  5. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Thanks. Adding light and socket is a good idea but already have light. As I have some metal clad twin sockets going spare that I took out of the garage might well use one of these to terminate rather than just leaving end in a jb. Not sure I have a need for a socket in the loft but have it to hand.