repair pierced pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Rizo, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

And theres always a low point in all systems where water will sit no matter what.
    Having said that it does look like a good idea, next time the chippies/sparkies stick a screw onto one of my pipes I'll hacksaw a Yorkshie socket in half and try it

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  2. bradley burkert

bradley burkert New Member

Yer that might work try cutting a Yorkshire fitting in half and see if it works.... I can answer that for you now it won't because it will not hold its self into place because it is bigger than the pipe unlike click fix but thank you for your reply

3. bradley burkert

we have tried this and it does work but only if their is a small amount in the pipe.

4. Dave does Gas

Well a socket is bigger than the pipe, has to be to fit the outside of the pipe, surly a half socket held in place with say a screwdriver ontop of a hole, apply flux, and sweat away

5. bradley burkert

How many hands do you Have Dave....haha I am not trying to be funny but guys we are just getting a new great product to market and to be quite honest we will answer any questions you have because this really works very well.

6. Dave does Gas

I"ll agree its a good idea, but after nearly 40 years in this game Ive always found a way to cut a pipe and either put a slip socket on the damage or cut in a new section.
    "For that reason Im out"
    But good luck with it

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the only problem i see is, if the nail has pieced the pipe through both walls the new pipe fixing gismo will not sit correctly underneath because the tube will have a nail exit hole and it will be busted out like a bullet exit hole and to make it sit right you have to file it smooth, to do this in situ is more trouble that cutting the pipe and repairing with couplings,

FatHands likes this.
  8. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Like all gizmos it will work some times and not others not convinced about soldering a pipe with a few mm of water in it but it could work well on a vertical run for the "I was fitting a wall clock in the kitchen................"
    jobs! :):)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    bradley burkert likes this.
  9. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

@tomplum, the fact it "clicks" onto the pipe suggests it's more than half the diameter, so you could only fix one on anyway

10. bradley burkert

We
    Also tried this and if the pipe is protruding in any way just give it a quick pinch with some nips and surley enough It works every well in deed.

11. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

@bradley burkert

1. Over what maximum period of time in situ has this product been tested ??

&

2. What maximum water pressure can it handle ??

12. bradley burkert

Th
    Product was tested Yorkshire imperial copper and was sent to birmingham it exceeded 9 bar + they also gave the product life expectancy as any other soldered fitting I hope this helps your questions.

13. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Sorry it hasn't as number 1 has not been given a time frame that it was actually tested for, although it was given a life expectancy of (how long) ??

14. bradley burkert

I have been in touch with the technical team and they are tell me the life expectancy time is qual if not longer than the pipe because the clip is on the outside of the pipe they also told me to take into consideration that the clip is not only permanently fixing the pipe it is also reinforcing the pipe, the pipe will corrode from the inside out.
    I hope this helps you.

15. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

As if pipes ever get nailed on a nice straight section of pipwork!

16. Stuart Pickett

Stuart Pickett New Member

Try it and see for yourself fellas you won't be disappointed

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  17. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Drain the pipe. Make another hole in the bottom of it!
    Mr. HandyAndy - Really

18. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I'll stick to doing the job properly.:)

19. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

New 150mm piece of pipe , two compression couplers so joints are either side of joist, if you cant move pipes apart, make slip coupling by fileing out centre stops!.

FatHands and Jitender like this.