REPAIRING CRACKS TO BREEZE BLOCK SHED

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by stevet8132, Aug 24, 2016.

1. stevet8132

stevet8132 New Member

Hi, Caught in a bit of a strange situation. I have a Breeze Block Shed which crosses into my neighbours garden (and his crosses intt mine). 

The deeds on the house show that I am responsible for my part of the shed (technically in his garden) & vice versa 

The problem is that he has cut off the corner of his shed to build a conservetory & left it vertually derlict. 

I have had the roof repaired but the breeze block walls have seen better days. 

There was render on my side but it has now all fallen off & i am reluctant to spend money having it rerendered as the other side of the wall 

will not be maintained. 

I have informed him that there are large cracks in HIS wall my side & he is frankly not intrested. 

There are some large cracks in the Breeze Blocks but I don't believe it is structually unsafe. 

My question is what would be best to use to fill the cracks before putting a couple of coats of masonary paint on prior to winter? 

Silicone? No Nails? Any ideas. 

Just want to give it the best chance of it remaining intact for as long as possible as it a bit of an unusual situation. 

Any advice apprecieted 

Rgds 

Steve

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

There are cracks & cracks, there was a incident here, a few years ago, a block shed collapsed & killed a child,

We need some photo's.

3. stevet8132

stevet8132 New Member

Probably best If I get a professional in just to double check.

Thanks for your help

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I would expect you could discuss it with building control to get their thoughts. The issue you will have if you work on his property without consent, if it then subsequently falls down and causes damage or worse death, who is liable?