Replacement blades for Titan TTB579PLN 204mm Planer Thicknesser

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Chris H, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement blades / knives for a Titan TTB579PLN 204mm Planer Thicknesser please?
    This product is sold by Screwfix but they don't list spare blades.
    Thank you.

2. Shevek

Shevek New Member

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Usually the chinese tools you can buy don't stock spares.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Titan are British though, ain't they.??

5. Shevek

Shevek New Member

I thought it was Russian.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  6. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

It's Chinese.

7. martinpugh

martinpugh New Member

Has anyone been able to confirm that the link for blades posted by Shevek will fit this (very noisy) machine please. Like the machine but hate the guide fence, mine is twisted and as far as I can see, the available adjustments will not sort it out.

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Cant you get yours sharpenened?

9. Shevek

Shevek New Member

They're same length. You could take em out to check the full size.

I've bought some but might not try putting them in straight away

martinpugh likes this.
  10. martinpugh

martinpugh New Member

Right, I will be the guinea pig, off to Screwfix in the morning to pick up the blades shown on the hyperlink posted by Shevek, I have taken one of my blades out and will see it it fits against the Erbauer ones, they are certainly the same length, width and thickness so it is all down to the position and size of the two mounting slots, watch this space. (I am very lucky to have a Screwfix branch on my doorstep, only 15 miles away).

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Martin, are your existing ones damaged? Or have you had them resharpened too many times and there is nothing left to sharpen?

12. Shevek

Shevek New Member

Changed mine last night, they're fine.

13. martinpugh

martinpugh New Member

Hello Goldenboy, no not damaged and as far as sharpening then, how would you do that, I just wanted to know that you could get replacements, and Shevek, great news that they fit, I went to Screwfix today but the blades will not be there until the morning. Anyway, all is now well with the world, thanks.

14. Shevek

Shevek New Member

Look up a saw doctor (person who sharpens tools) and drop it in or send them.

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

yep, mine are sharpened about every 3 months. Oswald Cox in Leicester do mine

16. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Hi Martin, when you got your blades, were they the right ones for the Titan and if so which ones did you get please?

17. martinpugh

martinpugh New Member

Hi Chris, no I have not got them yet, I will not be able to get them until next week, but I will let you know.