Replacement Fence Panel

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Benno1875, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Benno1875

Benno1875 Member

Hello

I'm after some guidance please.

In my garden, I have concrete fence posts and feather board panels. 2 of the panels have gone rotten and I can't slide them out or slide a new set of panels in, as nextdoor's shed is over hanging them.

Taking the shed roof off isn't an option so I think that my only option is to break down the existing panels to remove them and build up a panel of some kind between the concrete posts.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.

I've tried to attach a photo but I'm not able to do so for some reason.

Many thanks in advance.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

2Mb or smaller for photo.

Get your neighbour to the shed, rather stupid to have roof overhanging.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Can you remove any gutters off the shed?

4. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Cut out one panel at a time. Replace with three cross rails in treated rough sawn wood ,something like 4inch by 1.5 inch. Fasten 4inch by 1 inch nominal vertical battens butted together. Start with the end ones to keep the crossrails at the right height. Won't match the rest but should help to keep the peace with neighbour.
    You should be able to get the right timber at a good timber merchants who should cut the uprights to size.

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Move the shed, it Shouldn't be over your boundary anyway, does the roof slope away from your garden or is it pouring rain water on to your fence, rotting it out.??

Any cutting of panels to make them fit is a bodge job.

KIAB likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Tell him to move his shed.

7. If it sounds like a problem to ask him to move it, simply give him the problem of the fence and ask how he suggests getting it sorted ?

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I agree with all the old guys above. The shed should not be overhanging your boundary