replacement shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dave bowman, Sep 19, 2017.

1. dave bowman

dave bowman New Member

hi guys

My Mira Zest (7.5 KW J96E 2004-2014) shower has just packed in and this model is no longer available to enable a quick switch.
    Before I go and buy a cheap replacement I was wondering if the cheap showers are much the same and it will be easy to swap out.
    I have already replaced the original Mira that was in this property when it broke so if the switch is straight forward I can handle that.

Any tips, advice and/or recommendations would be great.
    Thanks

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

are the supply cable and pipe buried behind tiled wall ? if so take note of their positions , for instance cable is top left and pipe is bottom right on existing shower. then ensure the new shower is similar configuration.

dave bowman likes this.
  3. Hi Dave.

Drop an email to Mira - they have excellent customer services and will give you an answer.

Very worst case scenario is that some showers come with an optional matching 'back box' which will hide any pipe and wire changes, but obviously it'll add to the sticky-outedness.

dave bowman likes this.
  4. dave bowman

dave bowman New Member

Hi guys, sorry about the late reply but the internet decided to pack up at the same time.

I have spoken to Mira on the telephone and there advice was to go somewhere else and find a cheap replacement or spend 150 + pounds on a call out and possible repair.

@terrymac that was some good advice about pipe and cable positioning and it saved me a lot of wasted time. Found one in Wickes that had the right positions and after a bit of wrestling, (ex local authority property with just enough cable to connect the old shower and not a mm more), I have it up and running.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Deleted member 33931 likes this.