Replacements for storage heaters

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Gman34, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Gman34

Gman34 Member

Im looking to replace some storage and panel heaters with some more modern electric radiators or panel heaters . is in a upstairs 2 bed flat currently has 2 small panel heaters in bedrooms and a storage heater in hall and in lounge i think that i want to got for all heaters being connected to peak supply . i want them to look and work decently and be as cost effective as possible can anyone recommend anything ?

2. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

You should try rointe heaters they expensive but very cost effective I've used them and found them very good

3. big all

big all Screwfix Select

do not be fooled all electric heaters are expensive to run and fairly close to 100% efficient
    there is no such thing as a low cost heater they all cost within 1 or 2 percent off each other for the same heat output so low cost means low output
    to save money you need to use gas at 1/3 the running costs or off peak electric but often with more expensive day time electric

4. Gman34

Gman34 Member

are new panel heaters as good as electric radiators if they have digital thermostats

5. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member