Replacing a power shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by PEAENJAY, Sep 13, 2014.

1. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

I have a rental property in which the existing power shower is leaking and needs to be replaced. What should I expect to pay to install a new Triton power shower taking into accont it is a replacement, so the power supply and plumbing is already existing.

2. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Power shower is pumped, you have an electric shower. Assuming present installation criteria is compliant electrically & it's one 4 one swap, between £220-300 supply & fit

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You say you have a rental property.

Now there are two scenarios here.

1. You rent the property, if so get the landlord to change it.

2. You are the landlord. If so stop being a tight **** and fit a decent shower for your tenant.

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

FatHands likes this.
  5. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

6. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

Phil the paver

I presume your answer indicates you are not able to provide an estimate in response to my question.

7. meady

meady Member

If it's like for like, there is somewhere to isolate the water and power to the shower then an hours labour, what is your location as that plays a part

8. G&W Plumbing & Heating

9. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

Location is Norfolk

10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

I think you would still have to price for half a days labour just to cover any problems (even straight swops often have had modifications to them).

The going rate for a plumber (in the north) is £30.00/hour (I don't think Norfolk would be any more expensive): so 30 x 4hrs =£120.00 plus parts would be around the price my firm would charge if you was local Peaenjay.
    Tappy,

11. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

no body will just charge an hours labour, there's time to get there and time to return, as crowfoot says, its a half day price unless you live next door, :)

FatHands likes this.
  12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

glad to hear it G&W , there's no end to further education though, every day is a skool day , ;)

13. G&W Plumbing & Heating

Only jesting buddy.....ooh you started it :), your an equally able professional I'm sure

14. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

OK thanks for all the inputs that gives me an idea of what is a reasonable estimate