Replacing Honeywell Wired Room Stat and Programmer

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Des Lavender, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Des Lavender

Des Lavender Member

Good afternoon, we currently have a wired Honeywell Programmer and a wired Honeywell Room Stat. I'm not at home at the moment so will add the part numbers later, but just wanted opinions and general advice at this stage. Oh, there's also the wired Cylinder Stat isn't there? This is all run from our oil-fired boiler, "Titanic". We want the stat/programmer downstairs in place of the current arrangement that's in the bedroom near the airing cupboard.

Basically, I understand that Honeywell modules can clip on existing bases so can I use the existing base on the Programmer to fit (something - anything) to? Is it worth going for a 7-day programmer? I had been quoted for a Honeywell package by PTS but can't remember which one it was - or even if it would have been the right one.

Thought please?

Many thanks.

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

It will depend upon your current model and the one you intend to replace it with if there compatible. When it comes to the programmers nowadays I tend leave it to the sparkys.

3. Des Lavender

Des Lavender Member

Thanks Dave, what I think I'll do is get all the numbers and contact Honeywell directly to get the info from the horse's mouth.