Replacing push buttons on Roca cisterns

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by 14th edition, Sep 1, 2016.

1. 14th edition

14th edition Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Get this quite a lot where either the syphon needs replacing and the pegs and buttons don't match or the buttons get broken and the replacements don't fit the existing syphon. A neighbour has the Roca cisterns [about 7 years old] and has broken two of the buttons and chrome collars that they seat in. It looks like 30 for the syphon and 16 for a new button set, crazy money!
    Any alternatives apart from replacing the loo or cistern?

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Go to your local City Plumbing suppliers and they can help you, Roca is their brand.

3. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

No it is not.

Roca is multi-national Spanish company that has been around 100 years.

They have a fairly good tech support - call and ask. There warranty is 25 years on some of their products.

4. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Change the flush mech to a flush daddy, it comes with a new flush button on a flexible air pressure hose to fit all cisterns

5. 14th edition

May have a supplier who stocks the older type buttons, will report back when a sample arrives [and I try and fit it]!

6. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Dave is correct.
    CPS market Roca and their bathroom showroom staff should be able to sort you out.

7. Pollowick

Absolute rubbish. They may sell ROCA but that is all.

8. 14th edition

Trouble is with some suppliers is the quality of staff.....I have visited so many over the years and some are brilliant but most are ****. Its not that they don't necessarily stock what you are looking for, its they don't know what they are talking about. I had this really painful discussion with a lad a Plumb Centre, he had absolutely no idea what he was [and I was] talking about. I sent him a picture and he didn't reply...

9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

There is a lot of expensive "fancy Dan" fittings and fixtures on the market which disappear after a few years leaving "one up the creek without a paddle".

I would replace the whole flush valve with a more popular type. At this moment fluidmaster http://www.diy.com/departments/fluidmaster-dual-flush-valve-with-chrome-effect-button/261889_BQ.prd is about the most popular and buy a couple of spare buttons for it (whilst you still can).

10. 14th edition

Got the spare from 'toilet spares' and it fitted fine. Cost best part of 20 quid inc delivery tho....

11. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I had a Roca toilet in last house, the buttons were rubbish, changed it to a fluidmaster as above as it was cheaper than just the button and you can get spares anywhere

12. Glad its Friday

Not absolute rubbish, not even just rubbish.
    Most of CPS's showrooms are Roca, they supply new and spares.
    Had to call in for a set of flush buttons coincidentally this weekend, had them there (bit of luck) £12.00

13. Pollowick

I will day it again.

ROCA IS NOT CPS. THEY ARE A TOTALLY SEPARATE COMPANY. You can get ROCA from any number of suppliers, it is not a CPS brand.

CPS do not market ROCA, ROCA market ROCA - they have their own marketing teams.

14. Glad its Friday

Don't follow your problem Polly, OP asked a question and has had some useful answers.
    CPS is just one place to go and get spares, bound to be others, fleabay no doubt the cheapest).
    No one has said CPS is Roca - they just stock Roca stuff (among others) and I've always found them quite helpful for getting spares (of all types) at my local branch.
    (ps, I'm nothing to do with CPS by the way)

15. Pollowick

Read post 2 ...

Which you then said is correct ... and now you are saying different.

I also suggested calling Roca directly - they have a 25 year warranty on some of their ranges.