Replaster of a property

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Iron_Mike, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

I am having my property replastered.

I was going to install a new bathroom with tiling once the replaster was done.

The bathroom only leans onto one wall that will be replastered.

Would it make sense to get the bathroom done prior to doing the replaster on this room.

My concern is putting in the new bathroom suite after the replaster has been done, could damage the newly plastered wall.

I may be making a mountain out of a molehill. But thought best to ask.

Cheers

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Plaster first, bathroom second.

Iron_Mike likes this.
  3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It's fine Mike. The only exception maybe if you need to chase pipe work into wall or get access into a studwall to run pipes.

Just be careful what tiles you go with as plaster skim isn't the best surface for heavy large format tiles.

4. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

That is what I thought Jordi. Appears duff advice from my friend concerning this issue.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Plaster first.....show me a tidy plasterer! :p:p:p:D:D size 10's over your new bath or through it!

metrokitchens likes this.
  6. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

The bathroom being tiled, not being plastered.

Just making sure this is clear as my post could be bit confusing.

My friend said installing bath and tiles lot of banging. So if you have a newly replastered wall the other side of the tiled bathroom wall, it could damage the replastered wall.

I thought that not true, but thought I would check.

Cheers

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

To be fair it could cause damage if a lot of banging is taking place....has happened to me on a job once....only once though but it can occur.

Iron_Mike likes this.
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Was stripping the tiles off a kitchen wall with an SDS chisel and a few tiles fell off on the bathroom wall on the other side :eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::)

9. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Active Member

Thanks, hopefully I will be ok.

The bathroom wall on that side will have the bathroom attached to it.

But a brick wall is in the way.

10. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Do the dirty and heavy bathroom preparation work first before plastering the other room - such as removing old tiles, cutting any pipe chases or drainage.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Filthy bar-stewards plasterers.:eek:

12. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Indeed. Guy I know cuts his sarnies with a trowel and stirs tea with a pencil

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:eek:

I am one who stir tea,coffee with a pen, sometimes a pencil.:(

And I use have use my bosch reciprocating saw with a fine blade to cut a custy loaf in slices.:eek::(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017