resin or bolts whats the strongest

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by tony1234, May 3, 2010.

1. tony1234

tony1234 New Member

i am putting in a car ramp what is the best to use resin or bolts ? thanks

2. Bassrock

Bassrock New Member

Mmmm

I would guess both, e.g resin the bolt in.

Trouble is if you wish move ramps in future, maybe a bit of a sod to remove.

So, I'd stick with just decent anchor bolts (assuming concrete sound/solid).

3. madmal39

madmal39 New Member

if you anchor brackets down onto concrete (dig small holes and bury the bottom of the brackets in concrete) and then attach the ramps too the brackets, you get a solid base PLUS you can move the ramps afterwards if necessary. you only need to go down about 3"-4" to get a strong anchor point.

4. Grantd

Grantd New Member

Resin bolts always do the best job. Keep some of the resin, and then if you need to move the equipment fill the holes with the resin.

5. daff

daff New Member

fix your threaded bar into the concrete before it's poured,thats how the pro's do it.

6. daff

daff New Member

base that is Lol

7. Tony,

Firms that supply and fit car ramps for a living, all use high load anchors.

These anchors are the type that have a very heavy tube with a centre bolt or stud leading down to an expansion cone down in the concrete.

Popular brands include the Rawl Safety Plus Anchor, Liebig Safety bolt and Hilti HSL anchor.