Response to Paris.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Quoi? Je m'appel Malkie et certainment,je suis blanc. Mon surnom est Smith. Je suis Anglais !.....Pretty good I thought, remembering that from school,over 50 years ago ! :D:D:D

3. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

If the House of Commons does have a vote on airstrikes on Syria then if Corbyn cracks the Labour whip and most Labour MP's ignore the whip which they might and support Cameron then Corbyn might have to resign as leader. As a Labour support at least in recent years I was giving Corbyn every benefit of the "doubts", and there were many, but after his comments about the killing of so called Jihadi Jon he has lost any credibility as far as I am concerned.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Jihadi John was without doubt a murdering scumbag but he was of no strategic importance, if we as a state start murdering our opponents simply because we don't like them how can we hold another state in less regard when they do it to us.

5. PaulBlackpool

What would you do then? I really don't know. I suppose that is why we have politicians to make the decisions.
    Hopefully they will take note of their military advisers.

6. Phil the Paver

That's like saying, if someone commits the act of kidnap and keep someone a prisoner, you shouldn't then make them a prisoner.

ISIS are nothing more then murdering scum and murdering scum doesn't belong in a modern world, their deluded beliefs are out dated and taking to them will get you no were.

gadget man likes this.
  7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What I was trying to say was that as a state we shouldn't just kill individuals, and anyone who happens to be near them, just because we have decided we should.
    We did not give the nazi's who said they they were just obeying orders the benefit of doubt.
    The fact that we brought this entire sh1tpile on to ourselfs by listenening to the moronic Bush's when they were running the USA and decided to unstabilise the entire Middle East and then blame it on the people who's lives we have destroyed is deeply ironic.

8. Phil the Paver

You absolutely right re: Bush, Blair has blood on his hands that's for sure, but its at a stage now that I fear we have no choice but to hit them hard, yes blanket bombing may not be the answer and sending in special forces to take out those directly responsible would be a better approach.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I have absolutely no objections to wiping isis off the face of the earth by all means possible but I have no faith in politicians.

Biffo likes this.
  10. It's a hellish situation, made all the more complex by the many differing countries who have stuck their noses in for their own self-interest. And that those who are unavoidably part of the situation due to their borders with Syria are being less than considered in their response (I mean Turkey for one...)

And I don't really include us and the US in that, believe it or not.

I know that will make the likes of Biffo splutter, but he represents the more weak-minded of the population, to whom everything is all very simple and can be sorted by pulling up the drawbridge and telling the world to f'off.

Like it or not - and I do - we in Blighty, and even the dysfunctional US, do actually represent the more civilised form of humanity. For all our faults - and they are legion - we have democracy, fairness and justice on our side, and if we sometimes have to stuff that down the throats of the more backwards amongst us, then so be it. Be proud that we do.

I know I have been an apologist for Blair in the past, and whilst I might regret the Iraqi invasion because of the outcome (the blame for which I lay almost square at the feet of Rumsfeld), I do actually accept the reasons were valid and the desire a just one. Anyways, that's another story.

The likes of Biffoon are happy to overlook Sierra Leone and the Balkans where Blair's intervention undoubtedly helped turn the tide of war and save countless numbers of innocent people. We can even hold our head up with some pride at the work done in Afghanistan, although the bludy Afghan army is barely keeping it all together since we left.

And such was the intention in Iraq - depose the sadistic maniac in charge, and show that part of the world what democracy can be like. And don't forget, it was hugely welcomed by the overwhelming mass of the Iraqi population - until it went pear-shaped due to not enough troops on the ground, and no proper plan for keeping the country together.

And, frankly, that is what's needed now - a 'surge' of troops amassed from all the UN countries, a concerted effort to deal with these moronic slimeballs who - as mentioned above - are beyond being reasoned with.

But whether that is possible with the likes of Russia guarding their own self-interests before everything else, or with Turkey refusing the back the Kurds (about the only group currently with the actual will to take on Isis) due to them being more interested in suppressing them in case they take the initiative and demand independence, and Iran being driven by a slightly milder form of Islamic loonacy, it's hard to know.

Biffoon imagines that all we need to do is block our borders... What a bludy miserable country this would be with a population made up of the likes of Biff - shudder. Biffoon, these people are out to get us - they despise our freedom and democracy and joy of life. They will continue to attack - open borders or no - until they are defeated.

They need annihilating.

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Nicked of another forum I frequent (so ya know it's not originally by me)

Thank goodness someone has figured it out what is happening in the Middle East. I was confused but now it's as clear as mud.

A highly restricted briefing document on Syria....

President Assad (who is bad) is a nasty guy who got so nasty his people rebelled and the Rebels (who are good) started winning (Hurrah!).
    But then some of the rebels turned a bit nasty and are now called Islamic State ( who are definitely bad!) and some continued to support democracy (who are still good.)

So the Americans (who are good) started bombing Islamic State (who are bad) and giving arms to the Syrian Rebels (who are good) so they could fight Assad (who is still bad) which was good.

By the way, there is a breakaway state in the north run by the Kurds who want to fight IS ( which is a good thing ) but the Turkish authorities think they are bad, so we have to say they are bad whilst secretly thinking they're good and giving them guns to fight IS (which is good) but that is another matter.

Getting back to Syria.

So President Putin ( who is bad, cos he invaded Crimea and the Ukraine and killed lots of folks including that nice Russian man in London with polonium poisoned sushi ) has decided to back Assad (who is still bad) by attacking IS (who are also bad) which is sort of a good thing?

But Putin ( still bad ) thinks the Syrian Rebels (who are good) are also bad, and so he bombs them too, much to the annoyance of the Americans (who are good) who are busy backing and arming the rebels (who are also good).

Now Iran (who used to be bad, but now they have agreed not to build any nuclear weapons and bomb Israel are now good) are going to provide ground troops to support Assad (still bad) as are the Russians (bad) who now have ground troops and aircraft in Syria.

So a Coalition of Assad (still bad) Putin (extra bad) and the Iranians (good, but in a bad sort of way) are going to attack IS (who are bad) which is a good thing, but also the Syrian Rebels (who are good) which is bad.

Now the British (obviously good, except that nice Mr Corbyn in the corduroy jacket, who is probably bad) and the Americans (also good) cannot attack Assad (still bad) for fear of upsetting Putin (bad) and Iran (good / bad) and now they have to accept that Assad might not be that bad after all compared to IS (who are super bad).

So Assad (bad) is now probably good, being better than IS (but let’s face it, drinking your own wee is better than IS so no real choice there) and since Putin and Iran are also fighting IS that may now make them Good. America (still Good) will find it hard to arm a group of rebels being attacked by the Russians for fear of upsetting Mr Putin (now good) and that nice mad Ayatollah in Iran (also Good) and so they may be forced to say that the Rebels are now Bad, or at the very least abandon them to their fate. This will lead most of them to flee to Turkey and on to Europe or join IS (still the only constantly bad group).

To Sunni Muslims, an attack by Shia Muslims (Assad and Iran) backed by Russians will be seen as something of a Holy War, and the ranks of IS will now be seen by the Sunnis as the only Jihadis fighting in the Holy War and hence many Muslims will now see IS as Good (Doh!)

Sunni Muslims will also see the lack of action by Britain and America in support of their Sunni rebel brothers as something of a betrayal (mmmm... might have a point) and hence we will be seen as Bad.

So now we have America (now bad) and Britain (also bad) providing limited support to Sunni Rebels (bad) many of whom are looking to IS (Good / bad) for support against Assad (now good) who, along with Iran (also Good) and Putin (also, now, unbelievably, Good) are attempting to retake the country Assad used to run before all this started?

I hope that clears all this up for you.

;);)

chippie244 likes this.
  12. :D

Amusing and tragic at the same time.

What a hellish situation. What a truly * world.

We should really appreciate where we live.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  13. It's always a worry when a country - like France in this case - immediately retaliates by 'stepping up' their bombing missions; it's pretty obvious it's done just to show the world they ain't cowed.

I mean, they claim to have hit Isis bases, HQ's and ammo dumps. The obvious question is - why weren't these being hit anyway? How come these 'legitimate' targets were somehow found right after the Paris bombings...?

You can't help suspecting that it's a bit random, & that there will be civilian casualties there too.

I would love an ultimatum to be given to Turkey, Russia, Iran et al; listen, folks, this is what the UN is going to do - we are going to wipe these unpleasant people (I have to moderate my language...:oops: ) off the face of the planet. If anyone UN country abstains from this coalition, then fine, that's your prerogative - but we are going ahead and we'll make sure the whole world will judge you afterwards.

If you actually get in the way, then you are also a legitimate target.

Ok, Turkey, arm the Kurds. Irag, ditto. Kurds - we are right with you.

First - and publicise this in all the Isis territories - make sure all the ammunition that's going to be used against Isis is stored next to the female latrines, where their, er, waste sanitary products are collected. (I'm sure something really imaginative can be done here.)

Set the Kurds forth alongside UN troops, and watch these ignorant, ignorant animals run. Hit them where their hapless beliefs control them - in their hapless minds.

(I can dream... :rolleyes: )

14. PaulBlackpool

Meanwhile our defence industry depends on supplying Saudi Arabia with aircraft. That wonderfully enlightened and free country which it is rumoured supplies ISIS with arms.
    If Donald Trump becomes the next president of the USA next year then God alone knows what will happen. Perhaps we should enjoy ourselves whilst we can.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  15. Well, if t'Trump gets in, it'll likely be Armageddon for someone.

Fifty:fifty whether it'll be curtains for us all, or whether his bluff and bluster (due to the simple fact that it wouldn't chust be b and b - he's nuts enough to actually 'do it') would make the likes of Russia and Iran back down.

I wonder...? :)

But, Isis? Nope - they're completely nuts.

But, what a truly repellent individual he is.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  16. PaulBlackpool

Yes ISIS are completely nuts. So much so that they would use nuclear and biological weapons if they could get their hands on them and had the means to deliver them. How do you defeat an enemy that wants to go to paradise and does not mind when it does? This war may well be the biggest challenge that the civilised world has ever faced. That is why it needs coordinated action by all the major powers in the Middle East and enhanced security at home. Incidentally the United Nations has been a little quiet lately!
    We could start by not cutting our armed forces, our police forces and our border forces. All borders should have security checks.
    Are we going to wait until there is another terrorist attack here or another 9/11 in the USA?

17. Yup...

Seriously - wipe a little (or chust pretend you have...) menstrual blood on the bombs and bullets and the Isis fighters will completely poo their pants.

The Kurds (I think) are using some female fighters and, if shot by them, you ain't gonna have paradise and 72 virgins. No sirreeeee.

That I can 100% guarantee.

I am COMPLETELY certain of that fact. No doubt whatsoever.

18. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Won't be for me, I've got vertical blinds :p:p:p:p:p:p.

19. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Me neither. I've blocked all me windows up!:p

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Did you mean to? ;);)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.