Right, ladies and gentlemen, the UK's

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Jul 18, 2017.

1. negotiating position is... (searches in pocket for cigarette packet)...

3500.jpg

C'mon - it was getting far too dull on here.

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

We won't get single market if we don't want freedom of movement. Simples. Its all very interesting, except that I can't see a good outcome at the end of it.

Can we not go back to how it was, and implement an immigration policy that lets anyone in as long as (a) they benefit us economically (b) will integrate into our society?

Wayners likes this.
  3. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

It's noticeable that their 'negotiators' seem adequately prepared for the meeting (thick blue folders at the ready) - our plonkers seem to have just breezed into the room with nothing! (...and Davis actually left after 15 minutes:rolleyes: )

This photo is a perfect allegory of the UK negotiating position. It will be ending badly, I'm afraid.

4. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

...and there are two women on their side - wonder if they can drive trains as well?:D

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

The stumbling point is going to be the bill (talked about and hinted at by the EU, but not yet presented) the EU wants the UK to pay for leaving. I sincerely hope that we follow Boris's lead and tell them to "Whistle for it."
    Would you expect a bill for leaving the North Devon Liberal club? Simply because they say their bar takings will be down ?
    For all we know, those folders are filled with blank paper.. Prepared my a**e. The EU was never prepared for the referendum result. Anyway. look at the size of that table,, there's no room for our negotiators round it.

6. Do you really see it as a bill for leaving? And not what it is really about, which is why it is being discussed? A final reckoning of our commitments, no more, no less.

How do you see immigration ending up? Taking the Irish border into account of course. Assuming we dont end up with free movement anyway?

Anybody able to tell me what Brexit is yet anyway?

7. joinerjohn1

Hey Jack, if you leave your local club or perhaps give up your membership of Costco, do they ask for something in settlement? I don't see it so much as a bill for leaving , but as a fine for daring to leave in the first instance. We voted out because we're fed up of our "commitment " to this fast failing idea . De Gaulle was right in the 60's and I wish we'd taken notice of his desires and not sought membership of the EEC (yep that's what we actually joined)
    I see immigration being something we can carry on with on our own terms. People having the skills this country needs can come here,, Those with very little or nothing to offer being kept out. (and that's exactly how it should be)

8. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

The EU will have spent the last year having meetings and discussions on the referendum result and how the '27' will play it - the UK has done zilch, apart from the Tories fighting amongst themselves, and Treeza calling an unnecessary GE (and getting a bloody nose for her trouble!). So I do believe their 'folders' are full of negotiating points, but time will tell.:(

Now she needs the DUP to save her - what a total wally she has been

9. joinerjohn1

What you really mean is Germany and France have decided how the other 25 are going to play it. (and secretly bricking themselves at the amount of money both countries are now going to have to provide to make up for the loss of the UK)

10. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

If the level of your understanding of the complexities is comparing leaving the EU with someone leaving Costco or a local club, then that tells us all we require to know of your depth of understanding around international finance. Probably the main reason why the 'leave' vote just scraped it.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.

11. Then I think you are being at least a little naive.

There are commitments (they work 2 ways) and need to be calculated. It is not a bill for leaving. It is a cost of commitments.

As regards immigration, and the control on our own terms. Do you understand the problem with the Irish/Northern Irish border, and from there the rest of the GB? As was said at the time of the referendum, Brexit won't sort anything. Currently it is just complicating it.

You didn't answer the real question though? 1 year into Brexit, can you tell me what it is yet ?

Lanc likes this.
  12. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

You do realise that all 27 members have an individual veto - and some have already shown they will/can use it.

13. Just like we did when we didn't like the proposals. Just look at what we didn't accept.

So that means what we accepted was what our politicians thought was right? Does that mean the problem was/is our politicians, not the EU?

14. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I despair for you, for has the strong and stable Mother Treeza not told you (over and over.....) that "Brexit means Brexit" - surely that's clear enough for anyone.
    O Ye of little faith.:D :D :D

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  15. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Yes, I would accept that, and, of course, our politicians themselves in Parliament would never have voted to leave the EU. It was a case of a few employing tactics of fear, and an idiot PM who gave them a referendum (sort of reminds me of Treeza's calling the GE - similar outcome!).

The UK is supposed to be a Parliamentary democracy - it should have been Westminster that took the decision, as at least most of them would have understood the implications - unlike JJ and others in the country. Now we can watch and weep, I believe.

16. joinerjohn1

Yes, it's a wonder anything gets passed in the European Parliament.
    Ahh so Cameron was wrong to give us the referendum (even though the Conservatives were elected on such a promise). One that Labour offered in their manifesto some years back , then backtracked on, before losing the next GE.. Yep daft these MP's.. As for MP's would never have voted to leave the EU,, Why would they? When they've seen so many colleagues join the EU gravy train and make millions (for themselves, not for us) These MP's see the EU as their own personal bank, keeping the money rolling in, once they lose a general election.

17. Yes a referndum was promised, and happened, albeit with no information to support it (both sides guilty of that).

So why should there have been a referendum? Can we now have 1 on tax rates? Or defence systems options and costs ? Or welfare options and costs ? The list goes on.

The very reason we have MP's is to make decisions in our best interests Otherwise why bother having an MP or elections?

So please explain why we should have had such an ill prepared referendum, with a result that we still don't understand.

18. Jack! Lancs! Jack! Lancs! Jack! Lancs! Jack!

What's you doin', mans?!

The idea of these threads is to post summat amoooozing and then sit back and watch the u-s implode.

JJ? Hil-bludy-arious, man! NICE! More 'ronic that I could of wrote masel.

JJ, please chill. You are taking this Brexit malarkey FAR too seriously! It's a joke, that's all.

Chill.

Panic thee not.

It hasn't happened yet!

Lollie lol.

Mind you, a year ago we were the fastest growing economy in the G7 and the EU 27.

Now we are bott. Om.

What the? How the?

At least the NHS is safe. Phew.

Deleted member 164349 and Lanc like this.
  19. facilities

facilities Guest

Ok we had a referendum the country voted to leave the cess pit that is Europe you remainers get over it, all the barrack room lawyers on here who aren't aware of any of the facts of our negotiated exit terms go seek therapy, we are not European we are British bring on Brexit the harder the better

20. These terms.

Please enlighten us? Are you able to? The Government cant :rolleyes: