Rim lock striker plate

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Stan Lee Blade, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Stan Lee Blade

Stan Lee Blade Active Member

I have fitted a new Ledge and brace door to my outside cupboard. I am fitting a bog standard rim lock with a latch and key operated mortise lock.
    I am fitting the lock to the inside with the door opening outward.
    Does anyone know where I can get a long lipped striker plate that will accommodate the latch and the mortise lock.( I have found the Yale single one )
    Surely this problem must come up all the time as the normal striker plates have a short lip that would only accommodate the door opening inward.
    I could of course fit the lock on the outside of the cupboard with the hardware supplied .
    But then entry to the cupboard is easily obtained by quietly removing the three screws that attach the lock to the door .

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. Stan Lee Blade

Hi
    I'm guessing by sash mortise lock you mean this would have to be mortised in. the door is a 16mm tongue and groove ledge and brace door with no frame and will only accommodate the surface mounted rim lock . For security I want to fit the lock on the inside and with the door opening outward I need a long lipped striker plate.
    I can buy a piece of brass plate and make one myself but it would be easier if I could just buy one.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. Stan Lee Blade

Thanks I have already searched e-bay
    Just to reiterate ..I am putting the rimlock on the inside of a cupboard door that will be opening outward .
    The actual latch will be around 50mm from the front edge ..
    I need a striker plate with an extra long tongue or the latch will be making contact with the frame.

5. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

the last long striker plate i need i made out of a push plate so you can make it any size required