Ring Ring ***king ring!!!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by BuilderMCR, Mar 24, 2014.

1. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

Looks like it's going to be a good year this year! Anyone else noticed that things are starting to pick up? My phone won't stop ringing! I'm turning work down apart from jobs I know I can smash in a weekend. It's definitely not like the beginning of last year!

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Don't you work the other 5 days of the week then. :p:p

Where you been hiding.

3. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

Yea, I'm working flat out! No day off! Been super busy mate.

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

now that the PPI refunds have been wasted, everyone is planing what they can buy with their pension pot

more growth fuelled by personal spending, yes we'll all fall for that one George

5. Phil the Paver

Trouble is most properly will, then when the money runs out they become a burden to the tax payer, so it's a very shortsighted answer to boost the economy, still he won't be in charge of the economy when the sh** hits the fan, so will be able to blame those in charge at the time.:D

6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I read some stats the other week that illustrated how the much lauded growth in the economy was in large partly due to folks spending the windfall that was their PPI miss-selling refund - something like half the growth was attributed to people buying new sofas, cars, fridges etc ..... no growth due to the country making anything, with a little due to us selling ''services''

Boris doesn't mind if folks become a burden on the state if they've spent all their pension pot, apparently he'd be happy to see them living in their rusty Lambo's yes I know carbon fibre doesn't rust but clearly Boris doesn't

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boris-johnson-if-old-fools-3279002

7. Phil the Paver

Little suprise Cameron want's him back in government, he is just the sort Cameron likes, rich, stupid, will do as he's told.

Wait for a massive downturn in growth, shares are plummeting due to Russia, the bankers will be suffering a little, so the country will suffer a lot.:confused:

8. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

make hay while the sun shines, it might be a very long winter

9. Phil the Paver

Or short if America / Europe thinks they can push Russia around.

Putin, "Now where's that big RED button":confused:

10. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I saw on the regional news they claim there is not enough construction workers to build the new housing required but, The question is, Who is going to be able to buy these new homes?

11. Phil the Paver

Europe big enough to find yet more cheap labour, I wouldn't worry about there being a shortage.

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the present surge of work is due to the impending end of tax year, local government needs to spend up their budget or the next years allowance gets cut down, this has a knock on affect throughout the building/maintenance trades, it'll cool off soon,
    o_O

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Very true Tomp.. When I worked for the council, around January, we were always asked if we needed new tools/vans etc. Just to make sure the years budget had been spent. I reckon we could have bought solid oak instead of pine to stock up our timber store. ;);)