Roof Flashing and flat roof membrane

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by gavgav, Sep 2, 2014.

1. gavgav

gavgav New Member

Apologies in advance if the wording I am using is wrong/ I don't make any sense, I'm no expert on building and I just need some advice on what to do with my problem.

So currently we are building a new extension to our house and our builder has added the flat roof membrane onto the roof and after finishing, he realised that the windows at the top (that were previously installed by another builder) weren't installed correctly; we think that some of the side and top flashing elements are missing and the side elements which I think should be installed before the flat roof membrane, was not installed (correct me if I'm wrong). I was wondering if there were any ways to ensure that the windows are tightly waterproofed, without having to remove the flat roof membrane. Is it possible to buy flashing elements now and add it onto the windows without removing the flat roof membrane and ensure that water doesn't leak through the windows? How will I go about choosing the correct flashing elements (we do not know the brand of the windows unfortunately)? If it would help I could take pictures of the window and bits which I believe are flashing elements.

Thanks for your help in advance, it is greatly appreciated