Rosie,

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tom.plum, Aug 10, 2015.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

perhaps you should start a new thread so we can keep your house refurb on a thread of its own, Its common for threads to get hijacked, this forum is like a playground at times, we love the banter I hope it does't put you off because there's also a wealth of knowledge and experiance we can offer as well,

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Well said Tom, and sorry Rosie for interrupting your first thread. :)

3. Oh, I've only just seen this. (Don't know my way around on here yet) I've just sent a message to the other thread.

Yes, I'll do as you say and start a new thread. By the end of last night's messages I had a headache and didn't know if was on foot or on horseback!

Thanks for the advice

4. Nice thread, Mr Plum - thanks for doing this.

No, this isn't usual, Rosie. Yes we get a few bizarre characters on here like Ryuler and Probes, who have, er, extreme views, but they are up for a good ol' argument... :rolleyes:

This is different.

Miss P is clearly a delicate soul, vulnerable and exceedingly defensive. Perhaps she feels she's 'lost' 10 years of her life due to dedicating it to bringing up her child? Good for her for doing this - but it's hardly a waste. Or perhaps she feels some betrayal or even hatred to the father - who knows.

What is pretty clear, tho', is that she isn't the person she puts across on here, either the overdone 'bonhomie' or the spitting firecat. I'm guessing she's potentially a much, much nicer person - somewhere in betwixt the two :).

The warning bells rang with virtually her first post a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was in CAPITAL letters and declared that she was either GENUINE or HONEST a person.

Uh-oh, I thought.

Always a bit worrying when someone greets you by telling you how genuine and/or honest they are...

And almost always - tho' rarely as dramatically - do they soon show their true colours: attack...attack...attack...

She's obviously not a bad person at all, but soooo insecure. A real shame because this is clearly causing her a lot of anguish and it can soooo easily be sorted. Sadly beyond the will of this forum, tho', however much we'd want.

5. Thanks for your reply and for filling me in with a bit of background info. Miss P does seem to be going through a difficult time at the mo. And knocking back a wagon load of booze last night didn't seem to make life any happier for her. Let's hope the poor little soul manages to find her way through the tough times and her world becomes a happier place.

I was very surprised to read that she's so new to the forum. The way she chatted to you all, I thought she was an old hand at this and knew you all very well. (Some, VERY well indeed!!!) It sounded as if you regularly meet up (Fear not, I'm not gonna land on anyone!) Especially when she was chatting about playing Bingo. What's all that about? I couldn't really make out if that was a joke, something online or bingo in the real world. To be honest, I was having too much trouble keeping up with all the messages coming through - I was clicking away here like a demented budgie - I couldn't cope with bingo as well !!!!

On the plus side: Last night's foray on the forum has meant I've been awarded a trophy. I'm so excited!!! I've already cleared a space on the mantle to display it and I'm just off to buy a new frock for the presentation ceremony!!!!!!!!!!

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

bingo's for real Rosie, I run it at another forum,I'm not allowed to advertize but if you're interested pick four number 1 to 75 and leave the rest to me,;)

7. Alas, your trophy is a 'cyber' as the rest of us - but you've sussed that already :)

Yes, one of Miss P's characteristics was to be, shall we say, over exuberant. She's been her for around 2 weeks and already has nearly a fifth the number of posts as me - and I've been here for a decade.

And I ain't particularly quiet... :rolleyes:

8. Well, thanks for bursting my bubble.............. I was already working on my acceptance speech!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Oh, OK Tom, thanks for sorting out that little query for me. Ooh, you have it all on here, don't you?!!!

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

no, but I'll publish the game here, i think i'm allowed to do that as i'm not advertizing, and there's no money involved the prizes are cyber prizes, very good ones though :)

11. Oh goody-goody - a cyber prize... :(

:p

12. rd1

rd1 Member

Wow! all quiet for ages and then someone else pops up as vociferous and as confused as Miss P, both not sure 'if on foot or horseback'.:eek:

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Who's that then r2d2?

14. Hello Sunshine,
    I only really arrived yesterday so give me a chance to settle in!!!!
    After all, I'm just a dumb blonde ............... well, sort of ;)

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You'll be fine Rosie, this forum used to be a lot worse but screwfix peter runs a tight ship regarding abuse and swearing but doesn't seem to mind lunacy, which is OK with me.

16. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Must of missed the banter last night, what happened with Miss Pickled Lilly?

17. proby

proby Active Member

Think the demon pixies came out the wine bottle again:mad:

18. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Oh! pity as I thought she was keen to learn after all the advice offered to her in the last week.

19. proby

proby Active Member

Yes seemed like a different person then bang syco was back very strange.

20. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

stay tuned folks, we aint seen nothing yet,,,,:rolleyes: