Running cable to get wall plastered

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by tore81, Aug 31, 2015.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi all

I wish to have two double sockets for tv mounted on the wall. As I want to finish plastering the wall, could I just chase out for the cable and leave on the reels in upstairs bedroom ready for when We come to rewire. Could I just leave two reels of 2.5 mm upstairs. As my Thanks in advance for replies

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Provided you know how it's going to be wired you could, ie, if the sockets will be on a ring circuit you'll need two lengths of cable, if they will be spurs or radial circuits just one length.

3. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

I think I would rewire, before plastering.

4. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thanks for the reply! It's probably going to be on a ring curcuit. I am waiting for a spark. My lounge is nearly finished apart from this one wall as I knew sockets were going there. From what I understand is two lengths of cable but on two reels?? as I don't know wether they will go up to the attic from there. Is it best to leave the two cables on the reels?

5. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Conduit.

6. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thanks electrician but I don't like conduit on show. I wish to have the cable buried.

7. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

That's the idea.....buried conduit, let the sparky cable it after.

8. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thanks lectrician. That could be a plan