Ryanair...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 6, 2015.

1. From a FB post:

"I have just returned from holiday courtesy of Ryanair.

During the flight, the cabin crew were punting the Ryanair charity scratch cards. They were selling them using the children's hospice charity CHAS which, they said, benefited from their sale. They also said that you had the chance of winning 1 million euro.

They must have sold at least 25 cards on board our flight.

On later investigation, I discovered that in 2013 they sold about 16 million euro worth of scratch cards, and distributed 55,000 euro to charities, ie about 0.3%, or less than 1 cent for each 2 euro scratch card went to charity.

There is also only one card per year with the chance of winning the million euro, but if you are lucky enough to get this card, you are then invited to choose from 125 envelopes, only one of which has a cheque for 1 million euro. The million euro will only be won once every 125 years.

This is an utterly cynical way for Michael O'Leary and Ryanair to increase their profits, using a children's cancer charity to do so. They could hardly stoop any lower."

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Yeah, TUI flog them too. Just don't buy them and I really don't think ,to be fair & to their credit that they don't claim to support any charity.

3. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

As an aside DA, my daughter & I flew from Luton to Berlin on Easyjet & were delayed for 5 hrs. It took 18 months to receive our €250 compensation, so really,you get what you pay for. Never had any probs when I flew with work on BA. :rolleyes: