SCHEPPACH PL55 (CS55) 240V PLUNGE CUT SAW

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Jitender, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

They've certainly nicked a lot of ideas off Festool, it doesn't look as well made but for the price...

FatHands likes this.
  3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I know you have the TS55, when plunge sawing a cut out in a worktop, how do you know its in the correct position? i.e the start point and finishing point, I think this saw comes with a stop that attaches to the rail.

I know Scheppach make good quality woodworking machinery, i.e bandsaw and thicknessers etc.

4. The festool has a line on the side of it to show start point and then a window in the side so you can see front of blade so you know when to stop. You can get a stop for the festool you put it behind saw to stop kick back when plunging in. Looks like a good saw for the money like you said then make good machinery its alot to do with the blade too for a good cut

FatHands likes this.
  5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

just watched the video (via the ebay link) and looks like a great saw.

@Jit - if you get it can you post back with what you think of it please?

6. Kitchenguy

Kitchenguy New Member

Bought the scheppach plunge saw from eBay with good reviews and a fantastic video, after just a few uses with this everything is falling apart, the track very cheaply made and nothing fits snug or slides well, all strips are coming off including the rubber edge to stop the chips, the clamps are badly engineered, And the cups have fallen off. Spoke to the Manufacturer who told me it's not for trade. Boy is he right used it about six times along with the compound mitre saw. Both feel very plastic and cheap and defiantly not German made as the name suggests? Don't waste your money on this you'll never get a clean cut as when you use the sliding action the whole thing gives leaving cutter marks in the timber. The only positive I can give is its a great idea and the videos make it look fantastic

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A lot of Scheppach item are no longer german made, but imported from far east & they stick their name on it.

Any chance of raising a Ebay claim for a refund?

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I never brought the saw in the end. I have loads of gear and am running out of room. I have always tried to buy the best branded power tools, and they are worth paying for the extra price.

I always though highly of Scheppach as they were always in the advertised in the woodworking magazines.

Think I'll just stick with my Dewalt circular saw and use a clamped plywood guide fence.

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You only have to look at the SCHEPPACH TIGER 2000S & 2500 Wet Grinders, the old versions were very good, but the latest ones aren't a patch on them for quailty in my opinion.

And the Clarke CWS200 wet grinder is an identical copy of the Scheppach 2000S

10. FatHands

Jit - is this what you do for trimming doors?

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

12. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I bought one years ago . It's been dead handy for trimming doors, but they seem to have doubled in price since I bought mine ! :(

13. FatHands

hi. do you mean the guide, or plunge saw?

14. malkie129

The guide. I just use an old Bosch circular saw. :)

15. FatHands

ah right, thanks. reason i ask is they only seem to be advertised as 1400mm which is obviously too short for a door. I guess that is the collapsed size?

16. malkie129

I ain't a pro Fats. I just mean trimming a door for the carpet or tiles, so 1mtr long is fine for me. :D

17. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I use an 8ft length of plywood for ripping doors to size. Just clamp either end , and then allow for the offset for the circular guide fence, for my saw it is 100mm.

I don't fit doors regularly so will probably use my setup.

FatHands likes this.
  18. FatHands

thanks for posting back Jit. Cheers

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just brought the Festool KCK55 plunge saw as a set from Axminister power tools today, the manager demonstrated it for me. Tried it out on 4 little jobs and am well pleased with the purchase.

tore81 likes this.
  20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Glad your pleased

A festool track saw is on my shopping list not sure which model to go for or corded / cordless