Scottish Yes campaign launched.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by HOTDOG ø, May 25, 2012.

1. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Do we English get a say?

I would vote yes......

2. Stand by for some truly stomach-churning jingoism.

I do wonder if there will come a point where the misguided, chippy Scots will finally twig that Salmond is simply patronising them with his platitudes?

Nah - as long as we remain the western world's centre of obesity and alcoholism, the odd ego-massage will go down nicely, thankya.

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

...as HD was sayin'

I'll vote yes ;)

4. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

Do the Salmon get a say?

5. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Or the Sturgeon

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

If they are soused then yes..... 

7. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

As a long standing resident in England, but non-British in nationality:  I feel so sad that Great Britain might once again become divided.....

GB has the envy and admiration of the world for being a thoughly decent and fair union of nations.  No outsider admires England or Scotland or Wales of their own - but only in union.

I cannot bear to think of the prospect of the Scots Guards and the Coldstreamers etc, not attending the future Trooping of the Colour ceremonies.  To think that glorious English, Welsh and Scottish regiments fought together and died together at Ypres and The Somme only to be separated by a minority British vote.......

I wonder how Alex Salmond's profile will be presented on the Scottish postage stamp of the future?  Scaled-down I hope..........

Lucia.

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I honestly can't see the Scots voting to dissolve the union. ;)

9. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

I hope not JJ. I hope not..........

Lux

10. Well, I'll have ye nae tha' the Skots are well regarded in t'outside wurld, and I always refer to masel' as Skotttish when a broad.

In Turkey, for example, the English are thought of in only slightly more favourable terms than the Germans - and that is saying next to f'all. When arriving at a new destination in that fair country, and the waiters greet you with a somewhat pained expression and a "Are you English?", their manner changes completely when my true provenance is divulged. "Aaaaahh! Jimmy!!!", is the cry, as they scurry around fetching me the best seat in the room. Leaving my English wife wondering what the * going on...

Apart from that weird misunderstanding of the value of the Skots, the Turks are wonderful people.

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

11. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

Dev's dear: When were you " A broad"  ?

I thought you were an Orcadian - that's hardly Scottish-really is it dear?  Unless the Manxmen consider themselves English..........

Lux

12. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

Who gives a fig for what the Turks think, anyway?  One minute they face West then they face East........

Pffftttttt!

13. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

"Bells on Sunday"  Just can't beat it. Tonight from Coventry Cathedral - The tenor bell weighing 33CWT and tuned to C#............

Followed by 'Sailing By' and The Shipping Forecast.

Will the BBC be renamed the EBC  if those silly Scots get their way?  Will HRH The Duke of Edinburgh have to relinquish his title?

Pffffttttt!

14. I don't normally dangle even small carrots :)

Anyways, Orcadian ma botty. I'm from the outed He brides.

15. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

Outed he brides indeed! (tee hee)..........

No, don't tell me which one. Let me guess..........

'arris?

Lux

16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Lucy, the BBC will become the OHBC (Outer Hebrides Broadcasting Corporation) The Dof E will reliquish the title and Edinburgh will have an elected Duke of Edinburgh each year in a national ballot (Wee Shuggie is the first favourite to appear for this coveted role)
    After a few years the Scots, realising their coffers are dwindling, will raise the minimum price of alcohol to £1.00p per unit. VAT will be levied on fish suppers at a rate of 50%. Haggis/ White and Black pudding suppers will only be levied at 25%, whereas deep fried mars bars will attract an additional VAT levy of 75%.
    Edinburgh Castle will be converted into council flats to cope with the increasing population and the Scott Monument will be converted into a communal living area for the City's homeless. In order to feeed this population The National Gallery of Scotland will be sold off and converted into a lovely Tesco Express, whilst  Holyrood Palace will accomodate McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut.
    The Royal Mile will be renamed Salmonds Way and Kirkcaldy will be renamed Brownstown (in honour of their most famous one eyed citizen);)

17. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

I'm worried that the English might retaliate by deporting all the Scots down here - then there'll be no one to do the work, except the Turks........

'ere, did you know: that the top three importers of bagpipes (made in Scotland), are Canada, New Zealand and the USA?

Lucia  x