Screwfix BG RCBOs

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Mr.AwesomeHandyman, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Hi,

Does anyone know if the BG RCBOs sold on screwfix come with the coiled neutral and earth cables, or whether they just aren't shown in the picture. All other brands of RCBOs have a picture showing them with their neutral and earth cables.

I would appreciate help from anyone that knows!

2. Phil Hyde

Phil Hyde Active Member

Can I ask. Why would it make any difference? I would imagine they come with neutral lead. A lot of them don't come with earth cables now

Brian_L likes this.
  3. fire

fire Well-Known Member

Go into a screwfix store and ask if you can have a look at one to see if it does come with the blue wire.
    I know Wylex still have the earth and neutral wire supplied with the RCBO.
    The guys they have filling in the details of the products on the website don't pay much attention to detail like that and it is annoying at the best of times.

4. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

ALL RCBO's come with a Neutral fly lead. . .your sparks will advise you on any electrical aspects

5. nffc

nffc Active Member

WRONG! Not ALL RCBOs come with a fly lead.

Phil Hyde likes this.
  6. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

As there is no N In terminal screw, there must be a fly lead

7. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

well you would like to think so. However rember that get out correct at time of going to print and specs subject to change without notice. So the photo may not even show the actual version of the product you will recive.

8. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Well there has to be a neutral connection of some sort, if not a fly-lead a terminal to connect to although I've not come across one like that yet.

9. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

me neither just pointing out the norm dont take the pic as thats what you will get

10. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

It's not coiled and there is no earth lead. I kept the neutral tidy by forming the cable into a sort of loop behind it. For some reason I don't think your allowed to shorten the lead either, though I can't remember why.

11. nffc

nffc Active Member

SBS do a RCBO CU where there is 2 bus bars at the bottom. 1 live - 1 neutral.

12. sparky Si-Fi

Link Please. . .I await to be corrected

13. sparky Si-Fi

Link please to that as well. .

14. sparky Si-Fi

15. nffc

nffc Active Member

I accept your apology.

16. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Looks neat enough and could be useful in some circumstances. I suppose the only drawback is that it wouldn't comply with the necessary BS, ie, not type tested etc? Not that it would necessarily bother me that much but just thinking along the lines that we're not really even supposed to use a different manufacturers mcb's etc!

17. Phil Hyde

Phil Hyde Active Member

Never heard of not being able to shorten them. Always have done keeps the board nice and neat. Always re bootlace the end and it's fine. Have extended them too.

Coloumb likes this.
  18. Risteard

Risteard Screwfix Select

They're very common in several parts of the world, including the south of Ireland. You won't see single pole RCBOs used in the south of Ireland.

19. Phil Hyde

Phil Hyde Active Member

So about 18 replies and we still don't know why he wanted to know? ?

seneca likes this.
  20. sparky Si-Fi

Would love to have DP RCBO's. .