Screwfix cashback

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Steven Harris, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Steven Harris

Steven Harris New Member

Hi,

Just a warning to those of you who buy through Screwfix using Quidco for cashback. Screwfix decline all cashback requests. Every other purchase i've made through Quidco has been fine and cashback has been received.

Screwfix, you are being dishonest. I will be taking my business elsewhere and encouraging others to do the same.

S

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Steven Harris

I can assure you we do not decline sales made on affiliates such as Quidco as you suggest in your post.

We validate sales, which is normal practice, for orders which have have goods returned.

I am going to send you a private message asking for details, which I will pass on the the relevant team so we can advise further.

Regards

Peter

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

No problems with Screwfix & Quidco here,all cashbacks have gone through ok.:)

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Same here for TopCashback

5. Qiao Chen

Qiao Chen New Member

Hi Peter,
    Are you able to check why the cashback of my online purchase through Quidco is declined? My order number is A689845123.

6. Qiao Chen

Qiao Chen New Member

I was expecting 1% cashback on the value of £108 purchase. Very surprised.

7. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Qiao Chen

Welcome to the Screwfix Community, I hope you find our forum a helpful place and a place you can share your own knowledge with others.

In regards to your question about your order. The best place to ask this is with our Customer Service Team, please email the details of your order to them at online@screwfix.com and they will investigate and advise you fully.

Regards

Peter

8. Qiao Chen

Qiao Chen New Member

9. James Halliday

James Halliday New Member

I've had two claims go through fine, but my last one resulted in the following.

Hi,

We are writing to you about your cashback claim, as we have now had a response from the retailer.

Unfortunately, on this occasion your claim has been declined because the cashback from your sale will not be paid to us by the retailer. In order to pay us, they have to recognise us as having been the party who referred the sale to them, and in this case they do not.

Please be assured that we have looked into this for you further, prior to contacting you today, as we like to do everything we can to obtain payment for you. I understand that this is a disappointing outcome but, due to the nature of online cashback, we cannot always guarantee that you will be successful in receiving your cashback. If we do not receive payment from the retailer, we are unable to pass this on to you.

Declined claims benefit neither our customers nor Quidco, so we do share your disappointment.

Kind regards,
    Quidco Support
    Unsure if it makes any difference, but previous ones that worked and came through were the "1% cashback", this one registered as a straight £2 claim on a £66.67 order, which I guess is when they switched to "3% cashback"