Screwfix Community FAQ

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by screwfix.peter, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Screwfix Community Forums FAQ

How can I start a discussion?

Ensure that you have logged in to the forum, choose the most relevant category for your question, then click 'Post New Tread' in the top right of the category page.

What can I use a document for?

Often, trade and DIY questions can be better answered using a diagram, or a set of instructions. You can use the document function to upload information which you can't convey easily in a textual post.

How are "Top Members" calculated?

Forum members can now earn status points which are shown against your profile when you post. These are earned by either posting (1 point), providing a helpful response to a question (2 points) or by answering a question correctly (5 points).

How are "Top Members" calculated?

Forum members can now earn status points which are shown against your profile when you post. These are earned by either posting (1 point), providing a helpful response to a question (2 points) or by answering a question correctly (5 points).

How do I mark a topic as a question?

When creating a new topic/discussion, you will be given the option to mark it as a question. Questions are identified by a question mark icon alongside the topic title.

The creator of the question can then identify responses as either helpful or correct. Members who have helped to answer questions will receive points against their profile status.

How do I rate topics?

You can now give topics a star rating (0-5 stars) to indicate the quality of information of the topic. To give a topic a rating, all you need to do is visit the topic you wish to rate and click on the star rating icons below the original post.

How do I customise my profile?

Log in to your account and then click on the “My Account” link in the top right-hand corner of the screen. You can then edit your profile information, upload profile pictures, select an avatar etc.

How do I change the discussion view?

When you are logged in to your account. Click on the “Your Stuff” on the menu, and select preferences, to view the General Setting page. Here you can choose to view Discussions in either a flat or treaded.

How do I update my email address?

Once logged in, go to the “Your Stuff” on the menu bar, then select Profile and this will then show your Profile Page. In the action box to the left of the page select, ‘Edit profile & privacy’. Here you can change your email address.

Who do I contact if I need help?

Please email forum.moderation@screwfix.com if you need help regarding the forum.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.