Screwfix Things You Wish They Stocked

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by KIAB, Nov 12, 2016.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What things do you wish Screwfix stocked.

Here my shorten list.:rolleyes:

93mm wide 25mtr or longer sandpaper rolls,up to 240 grit, have a Makita BO3711 1/3 Sheet sander which uses 93mm wide sheet,annoying cutting 115mm sandpaper rolls to size.
    Cheaper way than buying sanding sheets in 5's & 10's

Sanding discs boxes of 50's or 100'S.

Ordinary radiator valve tail 1/2" bsp x 15mm, wasted half a day hunting for some without success,got some Drayton TRV 4's & I some how threw out the tails.:(

2. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Yep agree with that one.

Brad nails for the dewalt second fix nailer. They don't do angled ones so it's order elsewhere for 5 day in advance, or need them that day and have to pick up the Palsode ones, paying for a useless gas cell.

More misc. networking/ CCTV stuff. I.e cable, bnc plugs and the like.(small bits you always seem to run out of) Would be handy for me as I do a lot of it, and the suppliers is a good 30 minute trip, SF is less than 5.

Might just be me, but my local wickes and selco have a small shelf near the counters with some chocolate and sweets. I always end up picking something up. Satisfy the sweet tooth, and get me though till lunch.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Reckon the do well with sweets.:D

4. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Why did they stop the dewalt brads, pain.

Joe95 likes this.
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Heller Trijet sds bits, have to pop next door to our host competitors.:(

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  6. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

You sing high praise about them. Will have to order a pack today.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

See this, shame it's in german, see 2:50 onwards.:eek:

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Alcohol

Joe95 likes this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

They do.:)

Methylated spirits, or denatured alcohol as is it's proper name.:)

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Video uploaders, so KIAB vid is visible. :D

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Profix Nail Plugs.

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I get all these unstocked items at KIABFIX everything is always available from stock.

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  13. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

More than 1 of any vaguely obscure plumbing fittings, and any type of gas meter tail. Also chrome tile trim would be good, along with more of the Mapei colour range.

14. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

I agree with @TheMorg
    My constructive critisim isn't about what they stock, but the quantity. I feel another business of screwfix on the cards. Screwfix for Joe public with electrofix and plumbfix being the trade side :oops:

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Go back to the basics and sell a wider range of screws in a better range of pack size from 10s to 1,000 and at reasonable prices. I was fitting some decorative hinges today and the brass screws that came with it were like butter. Went online and type brass screws in our hosts search box - 0 products found

I wanted an M8 hex socket bolt - Screwfix range them but only in 50s!

It was the same with some nails for my brad nailer - It was actually cheaper and quicker to order them from Ebay / Amazon than our hosts

Same with glues - can only buy small bottles of glue from the major brands and they don't range Titebond wood glue or some of the glue accessories

And actually stock some of the items they range - on Friday I needed a replacement mole wrench, nothing exotic apart from the low quality ones all the others were next day delivery!

Why the still range the £150 lead dressing kit 5720k
    And the mystery of why they even stock product no 7778G !

The big pain though is why I can't produce a single invoice / statement at the end of each month instead of gathering up the bits of paper or pdf's. It would also be nice to be able to group invoices by job.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Arrisholes, there is a world shortage of Arrisholes. Oh hang on I've got that wrong. o_Oo_Oo_O

17. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Agree big time with this one. Trying to sort out invoices when I've been doing lots of little jobs is an absolute nightmare.

Who did i get this for, what was that for, why did i need that, blimey that cost a few quid.....

18. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Skirting board ladders. They sell them in Fool Station

19. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

And sky hooks...

And a bubble for the level....

Ahh the apprentice practical jokes:D

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Joe95 likes this.