sealed system filling with air

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by kbs, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kbs, I'm your cyber-friend. Really. A good friend will try and point out what may possibly be an error, 'cos they look out for you.

If the released gas burned as you said, then I guess it must have had hydrogen in it. Ergo - there is corrosion taking place, almost certainly in the rads as they are the only parts that rust, being made from steel.

I know I'm being suspicious of what you say, because it just seems sooo unlikely.

You changed the system to sealed and, 3 weeks later - that's 3 weeks later - a number of rads had very sizeable quantities of 'gas' in them. You released that gas, and three weeks later they filled again? Blimey.

That is an astonishing level of corrosion taking place.

Even if you hadn't added inhibitor, this level of corrosion would be extremely unlikely as all the air that was dissolved in the freshly-added system water would have been consumed very quickly and the corrosion should have stopped by itself.

And if you had added inhibitor - as you obviously should have - then there should have been zero corrosion over this period of time (and, in fact, years...).

So that's why I question what you say. I obviously don't know what is happening here, but a factor that I do need to take into account is that we only have one person giving their version of events.

So, if you want to insist that what you say is absolutely true, then fair enough. I'll have to accept it. But it chust seems very very weird...

2. catchup

catchup Member

3. kbs

kbs Member

go to the small room and lay a brick

4. kbs

kbs Member

thanks DA.. You are correct this is very weird..why else would i be on here...this is genuine & yes i do have 40 yrs experience & have never come across this before. other people partaking in this forum may not take this seriously as they think they have seen it all & know it all...but believe me that one day they will come across something new or strange & will be scratching their heads as has happened to me after 40 years..thanks DA you are the only one on here to offer something constructive...think i will go back & try another flush & f1 dose.

5. kbs

kbs Member

oh & the brick thing was for phil the paves

6. kbs

kbs Member

im not a wind up merchant ketchup

7. Ok, Kbs - I accept you are not a wind-up merchant, but I don't think it helps your case to be so 'tetchy' to my colleagues on here...

8. kbs

kbs Member

case of give what you get.

9. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

WELL KBS.. 1419088450298.jpeg

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If only you were that funny, but your comedy is like your plumbing, up in smoke., now that's a GAS. :D:D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  11. kbs

kbs Member

customer just phoned & asked why he got gas coming out of his cold tap....nothing to do with me surely...

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Are you Gas safe registered? If you are having that kind of build up within a short space of time and would check this as a matter of urgency as there is risk of explosion

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

14. kbs

kbs Member

nob

15. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Sorry, would you like me to remove my post?

16. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it JG ,that man could fall out with himself.