Sealing emulsion...

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by DIY Disaster, May 6, 2015.

1. DIY Disaster

DIY Disaster New Member

Can anyone recommend something to put on an emulsioned cabinet that will stop it staining if damp items are put on it? I had thought of just using yacht varnish but wondered if there was anything less serious and prone to chipping. Yes, I know not using emulsion would have been a far better idea but someone liked the colour and...anything for a quiet life...

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Any solvent/oil based varnish would do the job. Polyvine varnish I water resistant and being water based is easy t use.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    FatHands likes this.
  3. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

if there is no budget, try Sadolin-pv67. Its a 2 pack varnish. Tough as nails.

FatHands likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

It's a cabinet not a dance floor or squash court and yes you will need more money than !

5. DIY Disaster

DIY Disaster New Member

Thanks to you both for the advice. The Polyvine looks like it will provide adequate protection without going OTT. It's the same price on Amazon than a small tin of No Nonsense Yacht Varnish which was where I started before posting the question. Shame Screwfix don't sell Polyvine, it would save me a few mouse clicks!