sealing garage door with rawlplug bolts

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by dave13, Jun 25, 2016.

1. dave13

dave13 New Member

Hi guys
    This is my first post although i stalk this forum everytime i have a diy issue. I normally find some old post with a required solution but this time i wanted some specific advice.

I have an old compton garage at the back of my garden which i don't for my car but i want to insulate and turn into storage/diy zone.

I want to stop the garage door from opening as its an up and over door which is so easy for thieves to enter through. It leaves the back of my house completely open if they get through. Only deterrent is the massive dog and cameras.

So i went to screwfix and the chap recommended bolting the door to the concrete floor and posts either side. Will this work and is it a good idea?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Dave

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

3. dave13

dave13 New Member

Hi teabreak
    Thanks for the idea! I was trying to avoid having and bolts visible from the outside. But i will consider this idea now aswell.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Fit behind the door as teabreak suggested.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Perhaps consider that as it is an up and over, if it is stopped from coming in at the top, it can't open. Maybe more alternatives to fix something inside.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really