Shocking Work. No pun intended

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by notatotalnumpty, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

He probably just doesn't know, anything.

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What's the rest of the kitchen like? Is it just the electrics letting it down?

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Lead sheathed cables went out of fashion yonks ago, yer not that old are ya? :D

4. notatotalnumpty

notatotalnumpty New Member

They guys fitting the units seem ok, the floor tiles had to come up twice before the tiler got sacked. The gas work got condemned.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Happy days!

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Oh, Jesus, what a nightmare. I guess their all sub-contractors, but the responsibility lies with whoever contracted them in the first place. Why has the guy not checked their standards before letting them loose in peoples homes?
    It's often better to get a dedicated fitter who does the lot (or has trades that can be trusted, as needed), probs take a bit longer and cost more, but the end result is usually worth it.
    There may not be anything 'technically' wrong with how the electrics have been done, but what a mess, time too get the boss out again to sort it out.
    Hope ya get it done right, quickly.

7. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

The tiler been sacked, gas work condemned, market trader doing wiring, you need to get rid of lot of them the boss the most to blame employing these people

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Its amazing how many TRADES you can find in a pub, just finding sober ones that know what their doing is the problem. :D

longboat likes this.
  9. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

i may not be the best (and atm not got the full qualification as a spark) but even i wouldnt do work as bad as this