Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

The above just about sums it up,a documentary last night,a guy came from Romania,couldn't get a job or a house.He went back to Romania,got his wife and 5 kids,came back to the uk and signed on the dole.He went back to the council and guess what? They gave them a 4 bed house! how is that right?

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The only 'right' is that 5 innocent children are not sleeping on the streets.
    The mechanisms that allow the situation in the first place are indeed fubar.

3. Heard that 'song' before, Phil.

Honest to gawd - that is cynical, nasty and completely unfunny - so it'll have hoards of UKIPers braying with laughter.

It amuses you too. Lawd help us.

Anyhoo, well done for finding another unrepresentative example to posture with.

One would almost think you biased. Or worse.

Thank you, Longs, for having the decency to temper Phil's message a wee bit.

4. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

What part of 'good upbringing' has anything to do with that? Someone can be properly raised, but still turn into a bad-'un. I appreciate that the process of intellectual argument requires that someone take a contrary position, but contrary is not a position in itself and normally one would require an intellect beyond that of a root vegetable before the process could be said to have started.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

Hero of yours is he?

6. philthespark

Agree,the guy had obviously decided to use his kids to get what he wanted,which is very wrong.What made me laugh was his twisted logic,apparently it's hard to afford food for your kids in Romania,he said.In that case why have 5?
    The more I look at things the more I find is wrong,I don't have the answer,I doubt if anyone does,however I am certain that the way we are going isn't it.In a simplified way it's like this,we need to help people fair enough but not at the cost of everyone else.

7. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

Perhaps he's a Catholic?

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

How was he properly raised when he was in a gang robbing people by age 13.
    You post *****.

9. All fair points, Phil.

But it's just that I doubt it's representative.

I suspect - but could, of course, be wrong - that they will turn out to be better citizens than the average around wherever they are. They will genuinely appreciate the chance they've been given, and will set out to work hard, bring their kids up well, encourage their good education - and not just sit on their arrises.

I could be wrong. But, so far, the vast majority of immigrants to this country has served us very well.

A question for you, Phil - if this were you and your family, and you were given the chance to set up a new life in a wonderful new country like these Romanians have been, what would you do with this golden opportunity?

I am sure that you would make the best of it. You would work hard. You would tell your children how lucky they are, and to not waste this chance they've been given. You would thank your lucky stars - and this country - ever single day.

Yes?

So why can't you assume they are the same?

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  10. Tee-hee - I suspect KBJ won't even reply.

'Cos you cannae argue against imbeciles.

11. proby

proby Active Member

Or as more likely laugh at what mugs the British are

12. philthespark

The trouble is there isn't another decent country that's as soft as ours,When I was considering going to live in the states,I had to meet all kinds of criteria to be allowed in,not least of which was I needed a job to go to.I applied for Canada a few years ago and was told I was too old! My mate's brother who's a surveyor was going to Oz,he had a job waiting for him,unfortunately by the time everything was in order the job had gone,he was then told if he didn't have a job to go to he wouldn't be allowed in.
    In the end a friend out there found him a job,as a builders labourer,he'll try to find a better job when he finds his feet.
    It's not so much people coming here that I object to,it's the type of people who are coming,most countries require you to have skills to enter their country,some even want specific skills,it may be sparks this month,next month it may be medics,and if you haven't the skills they want at that particular time then you'll be lucky to get in.Here for some strange reason we seem to just let anyone in.

13. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Sill no answer?

14. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

He was evidently one of three sons (the other two were perfectly normal), whose parents later ran the local Conservative Club (hardly a walk on the wild side) His uncle and aunt were mayor and mayoress of Aberystwyth in the 1960s and 1970s. His aunt, Eileen Parry, is quoted as saying: "As a boy, he was a lovely lad. He was obviously bright and always good with children. He was gentle and mild-mannered, never a bully; he would defend the weak". Had his upbringing been a factor, his siblings would have inevitably followed the same path. Using your logic, they would have all been criminals.

15. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

I believe the appropriate expression in this case is: Arguing with Ryluer is like playing chess with a pigeon. It will strut around, knock all the pieces over, **** on the board and claim it has won.

16. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

All relatives say that about their relatives. Their hardly gonna say he was an ill reared parasite.

17. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

Has anyone ever considered putting up some shelves in that space between your ears?

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Didn't know Catholics had kids, I thought they just liked them. :eek::eek:

19. Phil the Paver

There is one, he keeps his bible on it. :D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  20. Phil the Paver

There must be an element of truth in it, otherwise there would be no reason to make songs like this, somebody didn't just think one day, oh I know I'll write a song about immigrants stating total untruths.

philthespark likes this.