Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

It's called comedy. You've heard of this before surely? Comedy is mostly based on observation (and after watching the video, I'm sure it's a lighthearted attempt at something not too far removed from the truth ) We read far too often of immigrants/ asylum seekers coming here with nothing to offer this country, yet seemingly getting everything. Some of our ex soldiers, live on the street and get very little in the way of benefits/ help. A disgusting situation, which can only get worse, unless some brave MP/ PM decides to stand up and do something about it (are there such beasts in Westminster? I do wonder as most of them seem to be yellow bellied , lily livered types who'll shy away from such a subject.) Shame on them.

philthespark likes this.
  2. I'll ask you the same as I asked Phil: If that were you, would you laugh at the country that gave you sanctuary and provided you and your family with an opportunity that you probably wouldn't otherwise have?

If the answer is "No, I wouldn't" then I'd have to ask why would you automatically expect 'them' to be different?

Cough - you do know what that's called, don't you...? :rolleyes:

3. JJ, It's actually called 'satire'.

Or would be if it was funny.

I prefer my comedy that way too - funny.

In a misguided post, you did add some comments which were actually - stupid.

'Your' soldiers - they have the same rights as anyone else. 'Very little help with benefits'? Well, they have the same as everyone else.

What part of 'the same' don't you understand?

4. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A little bit of wee actually slipped out... :oops:

5. Phil, could it be that we are more decent than the other countries you mention? Oz and the US? Jezus...

I can give you a wonderful example. I have a neighb who often comes over for a rant about the EU and how Britain hands over everything on a plate - "as long as you are black, gay, disabled, Muslim, illegal...etc etc etc".

His son has moved to New Zealand and has settled in there well. He quite fancies moving there himself for his retirement, and to be near his son. He then discovered that NZ demanded you bring a minimum amount of cash with you, to prove you weren't a scrounger.

He was actually seriously peeved by this! I stared hard at him as he told me the story, waiting for the penny to drop - but it didn't.

Not a problem, tho' - he has enough spare cash.

But, it got worse. His grand plan was to move there, but to also bring his daughter with him so's they could all be together. Problem, his daughter sadly has a wee child with a long-term illness.

Guess what NZ said? You ain't coming in with a disability that'll cost us money long term.

So, he - and his daughter - can't get in there.

Guess what - he still didn't 'twig' at the cruel irony as he told me this tale.

Give me Britain any day. I'm proud to be British.

6. joinerjohn1

So tell me DA, why are some reduced to living on the streets , suffering from PTSD (a mental illness) ? Whilst councils up and down the country are doing their utmost to house immigrants? Do you believe that our (not my) ex military should go to the top of the housing list first, before someone who's done absolutely nothing for this country ? I do.

7. Yes, the ex-army folk should have individual help. Sure they should. Like anyone else who cannot cope with normal life or is suffering PTSD.

There is a lot more that can be done and should be done - no question.

Just like with anyone else suffering the same thing.

It was ever so - this is nothing new. And it has little to do with immigrants. ('Cos, as you now know, they are of overall benefit to the economy...)

Why do you say things like 'councils are doing their utmost to house immigrants'?! Why?!

Councils are doing their utmost to house everybody, in order of need. That's it, man.

As much as I would happily call these soldiers 'heroes', the simple fact is they are guys doing a job. Like plumbers. Like sparkies. Like teachers. They chose that job knowing full well what it could entail. If they didn't want to, they shouldn't have.

Some are genuine heroes, and some are simply there 'cos it's their job. Some don't like it any more than a plumber hates fitting Ideal boilers. Some are scared. Some tackle their jobs with dignity. Some are virtually cowards.

As I would be.

What I'm saying is, I know it's 'fashionable' to hail them all as heroes and to do your bit for them, but they are - when it comes down to it - people doing a job.

And, like everyone else, not all are as deserving. They aren't automatically more deserving than everyone else.

8. joinerjohn1

Hmmm, not the one's I keep reading about DA. Certainly not some of the immigrants we have round our way, fly tipping their rubbish in the street, begging, almost accosting people for money. (mind you, you just don't have these problems out in the sticks yet)

9. Always look for the worst, JJ...

I wonder if any have committed war crimes? I mean, some of 'your' soldiers may have...

Fly tipping is bad. Fly tipping by immigrants is hellish.

Begging is bad. Begging by... you get the idea.

10. joinerjohn1

I don't automatically look for the worst DA, but can't help what I actually see with my own eyes.

11. Fair enough.

But post on here with some naughty things carried out by us Brits that you've seen.

And also consider how the immigrants in this country feel - despised, resented, loathed.

Give them a few years. They'll be running your retirement home :)

12. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I said they LEARN the difference. That is not 'automatically know'.

Squared enough?

13. proby

proby Active Member

14. Yes.

And that is also exactly how they learn to be 'bad'. From their upbringing.

Or are you suggesting that children only 'learn' good stuff, and somehow work out for themselves - regardless of the abuse they suffer - how to be 'good'? :rolleyes:

I hope I've completed the circle for you.

15. Aw, Probes...

His new argument against immigration - some of them were war criminals...

16. Mr. Handyandy

I have on only a couple of occasions whacked 2 of my kids for serious misdemeanours(and probably less than the old school cane amount). I felt really bad about it, but did not think that anything less would work. Suffice to say it worked and not once did they re-offend(but we're not talking illegal law stuff offences). They seemed to get the point that the 'nuclear deterrent' was there if ever needed.
    I had the same with my dad. It worked. I feared the nuke(a bit). I behaved.

I don't freely condone it, but I don't agree that it is always as harmful as some goody-two-shoes' purport.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  17. Mr. Handyandy

No you haven't. Those boys didn't learn that it was ok and correct to walk off with a kid and slaughter him.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

18. Mr Ha, one of them had a truly hellish upbringing and the other was a bit feeble-minded.

And both were children in their own right.

19. proby

proby Active Member

Not at all, you said " i wonder if any have committed war crimes some of your soldiers may have " I notice you say your soldiers and not our soldiers.