Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

But they both agreed when asked, that they knew what they did was wrong!

And they certainly did.

They certainly did not think is was right to do what they did.

That means they certainly learned that it was wrong, yet still did it.

The way you talk, it seems as if you believe that they thought it was a right thing to do.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

2. Mr. Handyandy

The thought has just crossed my mind that maybe(when the boys had shown similar previous tendencies) if their dad had beaten them with a big stick and threatened them with more, the Bulger boy just might still be alive!

Pause for thought.....and the fright in that poor little Jamies eyes.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I've noticed this trend in DA's posts. Wonder when he'll start calling certain people "Your immigrants" ?

4. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

Beating with a stick is of course a well-known cure for all psychological/personality disorders. An Austrian chap called Alois used to believe that beating a child with a stick would cure them of all bad behaviour. His son, Adolf Hitler turned out to be a nice chap though, so that worked.

5. joinerjohn1

Nah Hitler only turned nasty when he found out he was rubbish at painting.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Unopened :p:p

7. Mr. Handyandy

Now you are stretching it to extremities.

I'm am not advocating regular sustained punishment(and well you know it).

Sounds like an anti-brexit vote-in tactic style that has become so familiar.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

8. joinerjohn1

Yep Handy, If we vote to leave, then the government will be bringing back the birch, the price of spaghetti will skyrocket, house prices will drop, foreign holidays will cost lots more (like the Spanish won't want us going there anymore), homeless people will still be ex soldiers and we'll all have to drive round in cars made exclusively in the UK.

9. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

...and on the plus side, because of those kicked out of industries reliant on the EU, there won't be any jobs for immigrants to come over here to take :)

10. Mr Ha, why do you think they did it?

11. I've made it very clear on this forum what I think of British troops. And it's one of the reasons why I love and respect this country as much as I do.

My reference to 'your' troops was to highlight the ones you tried to use to bolster your anti-immigration argument.

12. joinerjohn1

They are still our troops DA. A collective responsibility if you will. (can't wait for you to jump on that collective responsibility )

13. proby

proby Active Member

Of cause that's why you used your soldiers in that way who could doubt you!.
    And as you always do your research as you like pointing out I never mentioned soldiers you did.
    I see immigration figures out today third of a million latest figures. That's a lot of jobs, houses, school places, hospital beds They provide for us I ungreatfull Brits.

14. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

I'm never sure what I'm supposed to do with numbers like that.

Headlines like: "Migration increases UK population by about half of one percent", subheading: "even less if you only count EU migration", whilst accurate, wouldn't stoke up paranoia or sell papers.

I suppose I just don't have a real feeling of what 333,000 or 64 million really mean.

I propose we use the unit "Cheltenhams".
    "UK net migration of three Cheltenhams" sounds much more understandable. A big football game would be a demiCheltenham or 50 centiCheltenhams if you prefer.
    Also, Cheltenham is quite nice. So three Cheltenhams of migration would make you think that it'll improve your chances of getting a cream tea.
    If the figure is being used to describe people that you don't like then you could use the unit "centiSloughs" instead.

15. joinerjohn1

Hmmmm , given the housing shortage we apparently have in the UK at the moment. Where do these 300,000 extra people live? Some unscrupulous landlords must be making a fortune off overcrowded housing somewhere?

16. Listen, pal - a third of a million is a shed-load. In fact it's lots of shed loads. Big sheds too.

It's a really big number - it's a bit like three hundred and thirty three thousand, three hundred and thirty three and a third (that last one had an accident on the way over).

So don't you come on here and try and make light of these BIG numbers.

("CentiSlough"... chuckle :))

17. Yep. Must be.

Aren't you the noble one...

18. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

Nah. Can't be doing with those imperial units.

What was it? 16 splodges to a wodge, 14 wodges to a load and 16 loads to shed-load?
    Much easier to deal in metric shed-loads - although I am old enough to find my self asking for a couple of splodges when I mean a metric millishedload.

I don't know about the EU forcing nut labeling on us, but I thank them for introduction of standardized units like the decibodge (a small mistake you can pass off as a "feature") and the kilostrop (wresting a sledge hammer from the grip of an enraged man).

I can never remember whether it's 1.2 or 2.4 kilonudges to a thump though.

19. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

The ultimate act of desperation

3543.jpg

If this was the other way around and used by the OUT crowd it would be banned, but because the IN need ever vote it can get, its ok.

I really hope people see it as it is and vote OUT because of it.

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Give it a few decade's and it could well be the other way round.