Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Really? Aw maaaaaan :(

You mean 'dodgy Dave' is actually dodgy? :oops::oops::oops:

2. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

No surprises there...

I do understand that many on here struggle to follow the machinations of international politics and trade, though frankly, judging by many of the responses, I suspect that some are routinely baffled by child-proof medicine bottles, why the moon isn't always the same shape, and why antipasti doesn't make you lose weight (EU regulations are all to blame).

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Your point is what exactly? ?????

That being in the EU makes no difference, our Gov will do as it pleases.

Well we can vote our Gov out if required, we can't vote an EU one out, so why take the risk of being caught up with what could be a Dodgey one that we can't do a thing about.

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Just watching that war criminal (Tony Blair) on Andrew Marr, why does everbody think we are as pathetic as Norway when it comes to trade deals, the amount they spread could be forgotten without trace, the amount we spend (if lost would bankrupt most countries), so there are not going to play silly games are they.

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You've just unwittingly pointed out one of the main reasons why we should leave the EU.

Or was that the intent? You know, seen as your so clever.
    Like a double agent kinda thing?

7. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Well, they campaigned for Independence on the premise that Scotland should and would be granted EU membership. They can't really do a U-turn now.

I'm sure they will be quietly hoping for Brexit though.

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Does the moon change shape?
    What the hell have you been reading to convince you that it does, KBJ?

9. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Absolutely true.
    A union of 500 Million people should have a massive amount of influence on the world stage much better than the UK (possibly eventually just England) on its own. The main problems we face are global problems, over population leaving us to rape the planet by way of fracking for energy; deforestation so we can grow more food. I wonder if people chopping down trees realise that we need them for the very air we breath?; burning of fossil fuels leading to global warming and rising sea levels. The delicate balance of nature which has produced a heaven on earth in millions of years is being destroyed by man in a few hundred years.
    We should stay in the EU to fight our corner.
    This referendum is as as I have said before a result of Tory fear over UKIP advances and the decades old division within the Tory party on the subject.
    We should not be having it.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    KBJ and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  10. PaulBlackpool

If we come out of the EU and Scotland gets independence unless the price of oil recovers dramatically Scotland will go the same way as Venezuela.
    If Scotland goes bankrupt who will they turn to?
    I have heard a presumably scurrilous rumour that Putin is trying to infiltrate the SNP.
    Does anybody know anything about that?

11. PaulBlackpool

Germany has had two very big lessons on how to behave and I believe that they have fully learnt them. The dangerous resurgence of far right parties will not happen in Germany, They will not allow it to get out of hand. Austria, next door, is another situation. People have very short memories.

12. parahandy

Germany I'd imagine.

13. PaulBlackpool

I don't know. Osborne provided financial assistance to Ireland within 24 hours and I must say I was pleased that he did.
    Wasn't the union of England and Scotland brought about originally by Scotland running out of cash?
    I think that the independence of Scotland would be as backwards a step as coming out of the EU by the way.

14. And, as if to prove your point, they have carried on posting at the same level above... :rolleyes:

KBJ likes this.
  15. Yep, that's about it I guess.

16. parahandy

Nope.

17. That wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm pretty sure that Putin's men are fully infiltrating the SNP and have told them they'll bale them out if they go Independent. And with the SNP-run government's current financial crisis, they'll be holding out the begging bowl before too long.

There is nothing the Scots Nats won't do.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  18. parahandy

Far more likely the Nationalista will form an alliance with the ROI and have the Queen removed as head of State.

That's slightly toungue in cheek of course.

19. parahandy