Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I cannot believe it !!!!!!!!
    That we have a greater number of BRITAIN loving democratic minded people in the UK........who had the common sense and spine to vote OUT.

I am genuinely stunned.

We now need a BREXIT based Government to fullfil the requirements as democratically voted for by the population.
    June 23rd......................... INDEPENDENCE DAY....National holiday....................for my children and grand children !
    WE will be celebrating tonight...........................
    RS

2. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

It's happening, Padraig.

3. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

The FTSE 100 constituents have a market cap of roughly two trillion pounds.
    They just lost ~5% of their value.
    That's 100,000 million pounds.
    100,000m is bigger than 350m.
    That's just the FTSE 100.

The biggest falls (roughly 25% of their value lost) are in the companies involved in the construction industry.
    Although, I suppose that's largely irrelevant to people on this forum.
    No-one here cares whether the construction industry remains buoyant, amiright?

Davmac likes this.
  4. parahandy

Deleted member 33931 and Davmac like this.
  5. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

There are a few threads on here where you laugh at DIYers who mess things up in dangerous ways. Often it's because idiots thought they knew what they were doing despite having no experience or training.

I wonder whether economists have threads like that?

6. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

If they do, bet its a busy one today..... and for the next foreseeable :eek:

7. parahandy

There's a palpable sense of 'WTF have we done?' coming off the head Brexiteers.

8. Eh?

Where in my post above is there 'bitterness and resentment'? I thought I was making a clear and valid point :rolleyes:.

9. Look into that man's eye's, Wry.

He was almost certainly once a cold-blooded killer. Or into those of Adams - if he didn't pull any actual triggers, he almost certainly approved them. (Notice how I'm careful to say 'almost'... :oops:)

Look forward to the border controls going back up between the EU and the UK. I mean, the Republic and Northern Irelands.

10. parahandy

11. And yet he couldn't identify a money-grabbing witch (your words) before he got hitched?

He's the man all right...

12. I'd like to hope that would happen, Phil.

But it'll be a long long time before there's any chance of it. A looooong time.

If the EU fractures, and economic in-fighting begins betwixt the formerly united countries, who is going to hold Russia, for example, to account with economic sanctions for their aggressiveness to their neighbours?

Who will give the Middle-Eastern countries the guidance, the pull towards freedom & democracy?

And meanwhile back home we'll have a far-right, nay fascist, government to look forward to.

Who is going to suffer? Not the multimillionaire contenders for the top jobs, that's for sure.

Now that it's a fait accompli, I can only hope your vision is right, Phil.

13. Don't you dare diss' the 2CV :(

14. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Really, The rambling of a Remainer who's looking for 5 mins of frame, the hotel are covering their ****, who can blame them, in Greece every cent counts, even he said ATMs are now working.:rolleyes:

15. parahandy

Bloody awful things.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

That was my Dad.

17. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

And it was 2 money grabbing witches he got involved with.

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Is Corbyn in his way out.????

19. Scotmac

Scotmac Member

Honestly can't believe people are celebrating leaving the union.

Scotland will gain independence to re join Europe which will leave England on its own with elitists running

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  20. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

When Scotland gains independence people will celebrate that also. Tony bliar should be thanked for todays result and thanked again if Scotland votes for independence.