Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I see Jimmy Krankee has jumped on board again, spouting off about an independent Scotland :D

Brian_L likes this.
  3. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

Lets hope that if they want to be independent and join the EU as a single entity that they can afford the membership fee without looking to Westminster to pay it for them.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I don't believe you wrote that DA. You really want the EU to make the whole country suffer? Bitter, twisted? I dunno DA, I really thought you were better than that. In a *** for tat scenario, we could see upwards of 3 million people told to leave our island with immediate effect. We could do what Germany did to millions of Turkish workers in the 70's (they never had the opportunity to become German citizens, not even their children born there could claim German citizenship). Careful what you wish for DA. The deed is done. Now is the time to work together as a country.

5. joinerjohn1

The EU will probably offer the big banks massive loans to move jobs to the continent (and further) Watch out for JPMorgans latest branch ,, opening soon in Turkey. (think it won't happen? It happened with Ford). British Airways, Yep they'll move their HQ to Kinshasha (with help from an EU grant) Heck, even our local chip shop is looking to relocate to Siberia.

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Don't think France are happy.

FB_IMG_1466797668350.jpg

:D:D:D:D

I know I shouldn't but its funny.

Brian_L and longboat like this.
  7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

8. joinerjohn1

When are the French ever happy though? Oh yeah, when they're out on strike (every other day) When they're burning tyres in the middle of the motorways. When they're blockading their ports with fishing boats. Almost anywhere as long as they're not at work.

longboat likes this.
  9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

10. joinerjohn1

A Prime Minister resigned.
    The £ plummeted.
    The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months.
    President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong.
    The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place.
    The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU.
    A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas.
    The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt.
    Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately.

If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

He would rather see this country in ruin than to be shown he was wrong.
    I sincerely hope the, EU is cacking their collective pants right now wondering about what other members may do.

But, even with all the hope in the word, they still won't realise that the finger of blame is pointed directly at them.

12. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Turns out our next PM is a jedi, so there's that.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  13. Mr. Handyandy

Oh, and about the most deplorable post ever on Screwfix: I didn't vote.

I have never voted in my life. Reason is(and I have been proved right every time), not one of them are any better than the other.

They are all liars. How anyone can vote for a liar, I don't know.

Your most respected Mr Cameron: "In the event of a Leave vote, I will stay and carry out the wishes of the people!"

Ooops. Liar.

What he is really saying is, "I have done my best. It isn't good enough. Now you have made your bed, sort it out yourselves. I'm off."
    "I love the UK, but, obviously not that much."

Sure he had to go, but as clever as he is supposed to be, does anyone think he should have realised that before saying he would stay?

So who's stupid?

The ball is rolling. I said Cameron would go, Osborne will go around the same time, but won't probably say so yet(he doesn't get 3 months to vote in a new chancellor).

EU members all say they wish to continue trading with us.

Many EU member states have been unhappy with the EU measurements.

Some have expressed the desire to also leave.

The pound has fallen greatly in reaction to the news(although no trading changes have happened yet), so is only guesswork again.

But it will rise again, no doubt making lots of high finance peeps even more money.

Someone seems to think that we now slip from 5th largest economy, even though nothing has been developed yet. Just words. We haven't lost anything yet. It's fear again.

Bank of England says it already had contingency plans for any needs that we may face, and it will meet them.

Watch the pound bounce back very quickly, when the fear subsides in a day or two.

I could go on, but I don't want to rub it in for DA, who must delight in knowing that more than half the country are thick as two planks, but they are the ones with the voice.

Just maybe they are not as thick as you think, and that they are right.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

14. Mr. Handyandy

Nice one JJ. That's more news than I have seen.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

15. Not a surprise when there's peeps like you involved.

Anyhoo, when was the last time you blew your feet off? Not recently, I'm guessing.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You couldn't be arzed to vote so shut up.

Astramax likes this.
  17. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Seconded!

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You didn't vote so shut up.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Seconded.

Sort of.

See you've crawled out from under that rock, chips, the minority rock.
    That can't have been pleasant!

:D

20. Quit the false sanctimoniousness, JJ :rolleyes: As if you gave a damn about 3M EU citizens in this country. And, in any case, they are here legally so couldn't be made to leave.

The EU can do this 'Leave NOW' to us - and they'd be perfectly entitled to do so. The UK has just screwed up massively with this decision, and it's going to cost us dear both financial and in moral terms. We have tumbled in the world's estimation. We have shown we 'want it all' but wish to contribute nothing; 'Why should the rest of the world be our concern, eh eh? All they do is spoil it for us...'

We have shaken the whole of the EU and we knew we would. We betrayed them. The EU does not deserve this at all - it is a wonderful union of fair & like-minded countries trying to improve the lot of all who join - and further afield.

It must survive. It deserves to do. If they screwed us over by doing what they are entitled to do, it wouldn't be anything less than what we deserved. I'd take it on the chin - I'd happily suffer a further recession and further cuts to services for a few more years if the ultimate result is to show the world what a mistake we made. 'Cos let's face it, as the customers of Porkies Cafe and many on here have demonstrated, they cannot reason the decision they've made - so they simply need to be taught not to be so bludy stupid in future.

So, tell me JJ, why shouldn't the EU say "Get lost, then - it's what you asked for, after all. Right now. Severe ALL ties. Once it's all signed and you're out, then you can approach us and see what we can negotiate."

Tell, me, JJ, why shouldn't they do this? It is both their moral entitlement and an act of survival.

Then, just perhaps, with the pen poised over the treaty exit paper, Boris' EU minister might just gulp and say "Er, give us a minute so's we can ask again..."

Your false 'boo hoo' ain't a good enough reason not to.