Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. SirCHIPalot

SirCHIPalot New Member

Cor
    Cornishfolk...sniggers

2. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Whose Cornish?

3. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Three Hours That Turned Boris Johnson From Winner to Also-Ran
    Robert Hutton - Bloomberg

Full article here

"The meeting that decided his fate took place just before 9 a.m. in the House of Commons office of Justice Secretary Michael Gove. At the hastily called gathering, Gove told about 10 fellow members of Parliament he had no confidence in Johnson, whose campaign he was supposed to be supporting that morning.

‘Step Up’
    “He told us he’d decided he was going to stand,” Culture Minister Ed Vaizey told reporters. “The closer we got, the harder he thought about it. Michael’s logic is that if he doesn’t think Boris can do it, he’s got to step up to the plate.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-turned-boris-johnson-from-winner-to-also-ran

4. Interesting times, Para :)

I wonder what the real gist of that meeting was? Is it that Gove is a true Outer but he knows Boris ain't, and will fudge it so's we Remain?

Or is it that Boris is sooo divisive within the Tory party - and the country - that he'll just cause ructions?

Anyhoo, I'm pleased he's oot.

But, Gove as PM! :eek:

5. That's such an old post that I may well have been Cornish at the time.

6. Yes, 'we' had "the IMF, CBI, American presidents, boe governor, eu officials...".

But you had morons. Many of whom did not actually want to 'Leave'. (And sure as hell don't want to now...)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  7. Tee-hee. By 'take control' I mean 'lead' - in an honourable way.

Funnily enough, I did consider becoming a Labour candidate a number of years back. I fell at the first hurdle with my opening speech; "Ladies and Gents of the Utter Hebrides, I offer you a different kind of politics, one of complete and utter honesty. I think at least half of you are abject morons..." :oops:

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  8. parahandy

I haven't figured it out yet. It's like a bizarre hybrid of 'The Thick of it' and 'Midsomer Murders'.

I'm hoping they've come to the realisation that there is no satisfactory conclusion to all this and they're going to keep chucking the brexiters under buses until they're left with someone who will come out and admit it.

Well, that's what I'm hoping.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    PaulBlackpool likes this.
  9. PaulBlackpool

'There's a deep pit in Hell reserved for you, Michael! Boris Johnson allies react with fury as Gove stabs ex-mayor in the back saying he is not up to being PM - and insists HE should get the job instead

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3667482/Game-Michael-Gove-stand-Tory-leader-setting-stage-bitter-battle-Brexit-ally-Boris-Johnson-Theresa-May.html#ixzz4D5DNy04I
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I cannot recall language as bitter as that in politics for a long time.
    There was John Major and the "bast***** of course.

10. PaulBlackpool

Absolutely agree that there really is not a satisfactory conclusion to all this.
    I am hoping that there is some pressure from the German car makers on Angela Merkel.

11. parahandy

I think it's what's known as a clusterf*#k.

It's all about damage limitation now.

12. PaulBlackpool

13. parahandy

14. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You also had tony bliar who probably can be congratulated the most for the leave vote.

15. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Blair the war criminal, I take it DA didn't see the program yesterday about Iraq, let's just say if the Chilcot inquiry is as damming, he will be serving a very long time.

If you missed it and have a spare hour.

16. parahandy

Brexit not working out how you thought mate?

Those foreigners still getting up your trumpet even after you voted to send the buggers back?
    Still can't get your piles seen to?

It's Labour's fault.
    Criminals to a man.

Davmac and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  17. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Well, gobshite he may be, but for those who said his ONLY motive was to become PM at any cost......wrong again!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

longboat likes this.
  18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

He got stitched up by Gove, who has now shafted his mate and his running partner.
    And Brexit still is never going to happen.

19. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Gove is slimier than Boris.

20. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

What the **** you on about, what has Brexit got to do with Blair and Iraq.

As for not working out, why wants happened????