Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

How can it have nothing to do with faith, when all of us rely on the way politicians and money-men make the decisions that really count. it is faith in those people(nothing to do with Gawd). Twit

Still plodding along, ever-increasing silly hampering rules, less able to do anything without [EU]permission, IMPOSSIBLE to leave. All of those unhappy with the situation which encouraged them to vote leave, even more unhappy, desperate, poor, forgotten, trodden on. Overrun with immigrants. Possibly taken over by another country because we became desolate with having to lose everything for the failing EU, etc etc etc

It's as good a guess as anyone else's.

2. In which case our EU negotiations are truly fluffed... :(

3. It ain't 'guesswork', tho'. And it certainly shouldn't be down to faith - ooh, let's try this - I believe it'll be better!

Economic & political advancement isn't down to chance, y'know. It is thought out and planned as far as it can be - you set a plan in progress, and monitor it to see it's delivering what you expected. If it doesn't you tweak it. Yes, 'chance' does come in to it at times, and unexpected things do happen which can affect things either way. But, in general, if you, sfor example, reduce interest rates, you stimulate the economy. In general.

But it isn't like the tossing of a coin. You know this.

So when 95% of economic experts said "For gawd's sakes remain...", you should think that perhaps they may have been on to something.

And how's it panning out so far? Well, all of Leave's major claims have been debunked by themselves (as well you know), and all the perceived risks as put forward by Remain are coming true - with bells on it.

I see what you mean - perhaps 'faith' is all that's left? :rolleyes:

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

'Faith' as in faith in the ability of people and faith in the ability of a country.

Thicker by the minute.

5. Ironicer by the second :p