Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

2. No it isn't, Wry.

It really really isn't.

You are a Follower of Farage, and that says all that's needed about your level of critical thinking and your impartiality.

Like Trumpeters - utterly lost in their deluded ignorance.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

So you didn't read it then, a bit like Cameron when he thought he'd secured a reform of the EU treaty.

If you think its wrong vote IN, but live to regret that vote for the rest of your life, a miserable one under total EU/German control.

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

They said that about Ronald Reagan.

5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

This for example...

“Community law is required to take precedence
    over domestic law: i.e. if a Community law
    conflicts with a statute, it is the statute which has
    to give way.... the community system requires that
    such Community Law as applies directly as law in
    this country should by virtue of its own legal
    force as law in this country prevail over
    conflicting national legislation.”

(FCO 30/1048, National Archives

6. Phil the Paver

7. Phil the Paver

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

That's a good one Phil.
    Sums everything up nicely and should be rolled out on the usual TV station ad-breaks.

9. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Gideon Osborne in an interview today said that opting to staying in the EU was as easy choice for him.

"It's a really easy choice for me.
    A no brainer in fact.
    What makes it easy is the fact that I'm proper off my t*ts 24/7... it's mental" He said before licking nuttella from a small portugese mans armpit.

[​IMG]

longboat likes this.
  10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, your only saying that because your a follower of Camoron (and as for being lost in deluded ignorance,, pot, kettle and black comes to mind)

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm not a fan of the man, but he does raise some good points which warrant further research enabling one to distinguish the exaggerated half truth's from the actual facts.
    That's critical thinking.
    You cant just dismiss a claim purely based on its source.
    Some only see what they want to see, or simply close their eyes.

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA would be happy if all power were taken away from Westminster (as it will be if we remain part of this failing experiment) and the UK becomes a very small part of a Federal Europe. He'll be happy when Herr Merkel is telling him his pension will be cut to pay for some foreign farmer to start breeding guinea pigs for a living (the Eu no doubt paying him £200 for each guinea pig, before selling them to Outer Mongolia for 10p each) They'll tell us it's worth it because it keeps the farmer in employment. ;);)

13. The last number of posts are, indeed, scary.

But not in the way the authors intended.

And when they take a breather from using glib UKIP propaganda and D Express front pages (lawd help us...:rolleyes:) to inform their political 'thinking' - guffawingly patting each other on the back with the odd "That's a good one, mate!" - they are left just with staggering accusations usually beginning with "DA would be happy with..." and "DA is a follower of...".

When, if they had more that two brain cells to rub together - or a modicum of honesty, they would know that actually DA would not be happy with blah blah... and DA does not follow so and so...

But don;t let honesty stand in the way.

Small-minded grasping of fragments of carefully selected information, peddled as the great truth, and a smothering of pure dishonesty.

What a package, gents.

14. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Sums up the stay brigade and the eu nicely.

15. Fnurr fnurr - I see what you did there, Wry...

16. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

If a person wants to leave his job or part from his business partner to break out on his own, is he considered "small-minded"?
    Nope.. he is considered forward thinking, clever and showing an entrepreneurial spirit which to be respected.

Its such a shame he is being shoe horned and threatened to stay in the same stagnant situation he is not happy with.

17. Dear god, Wry.

This isn't business partner. It's a huge political (yep) and trading group that has seen improvements in all our lives, has secured peace (especially needed in this dodgy of dodgy times), has drawn the Eastern-bloc European countries away from self-destruction and showed them a thing called 'democracy' - it is thee example to the rest of the troubled world.

It is civilisation.

And you fret over a few wee things that pish you off.

News for you, Wry - you don't matter. Nor do I.

But - when we are dust - what is left behind does matter. A lot.

Trumpists and SNPists and UKIPists really really think there's a magic 'answer' - it's all going to be great. It's all soooo easy to sort out.

Never content with reality - they search around for things to blame for any gaps in their lives. As if they deserve more. And more. And more.

There isn't a quick fix. No such thing. It is fairy dust.

You whine about things like immigration - about the thousands who are coming here. Yes, it ain't easy. But - sorry - tough sh*. It has nothing to do with the here and now - it's all to do with 20 years down the line. Or fifty.

About the type of world we'll have then. Where humanity is going.

We are history, pal.

Start to love the life you have a bit more - it's all you're gonna have. And it ain't bad. Stop ******** about the poor sods who can but dream of what you have.

You are here through luck, matey - and from the way many of you talk, you barely deserve it.

18. Phil the Paver

DA you hit the nail on the head, it is about what will happen in 20 or even 50 years from now, that's exactly why we have to leave, otherwise we will be living in a country called Europe a country without any individual country within it all run be Germany.
    In fact it won't take 20 years if we vote IN it will happen within 5 years.

19. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

It would/will be a lot better without being hitched to the eu. Not difficult to see that.