Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Not difficult for your level of appreciation, Wry.

2. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

It wasn't "luck" that got us into the eu.
    A different word describes it.
    Clue .... it begins with "D".

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I can see little to appreciate about the corrupt cartel that calls itself the "eu".

4. How easy to trot out such lines, Phil. Bit it's completely without justification or thought.

We are currently a major part of this great organisation - which is working and developing Europe like no other political system would have. Imagine the chaos if all these Eastern-European countries, until very recently under either dictatorships or Soviet influence didn't have the draw of the EU's 'how it should be done'.

Out of the EU we will make it much much weaker - and us pitiful.

5. You are a staggeringly ignorant person, Wry. No other way of putting it.

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You're voting to remain part of the greatest institution of corruption ever levelled against the UK. That makes you pretty ignorant.

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

'Scuze me, but my last post falls squarely into the 'poorly crafted satire' category. So there.

Anyhoo. You keep having a pop at the 'SNPists', Dev.

As a non 'SNPist' I couldn't bring myself to commit my vote to to any of their rivals yesterday.
    I just didn't bother voting.
    Do you think I should just have picked another party based solely on the fact that they weren't the SNP?

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes just imagine all those Eastern Counties, (who by the way managed to survive perfect well pre EU) still having their own people living there helping to fund their economy rather than spread about all over the UK not helping ours, if you believe the total lies put out by the political parties saying immigration pays for itself, then you are totally deluded, independent surveys time and time again have said that immigration costs us anywhere between 30 to 48£ per person per week.

But immigration isn't the teal problem, losing the ability to goven is.

10. A carefully balanced retort, Wry. :rolleyes:

11. I stick by my 'scary posts' claim, Para. Yours was scarily funny - I never knew Osb could look sooo creepy.

Anyhoo, who to vote for? The best of the bad bunch - if a bad bunch is all you have to chose from. The least bad of the bad.

But vote. Always vote. Always.

12. These dictator-ridden Eastern-Bloc countries survived perfectly well pre-EU?!

Ooooooh-mmmaaaa-gaaaawwwdddd :eek:.

Again, dreamland. Added to the simple fact that you've never had to live in a dictatorship - you cannot begin to imagine. (And I'll remind you again - you are bludy lucky you never have - and it's through no choice or yours, or that you are somehow more 'deserving'.)

"Independent surveys say... " You know. You know that immigration has been of overall benefit to this country. You know that, you lying deluded moron, don't you? So why make such a ridiculous claim? Saw it on a UKIP site, did you?

And even if the current refugee influx does cause us some temporary hardship - you simply cannot see beyond the mouldy fiver in your sticky pocket.

There but for the grace of Wry's non-existent gawd.

There does not seem to exist a bigger picture in your life. No sense of what is right for humanity. Perhaps one needs to have a little humanity to see beyond their nose?

13. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

That's the point though. For a lot of people the Nats appear to be the 'least bad' of an incredibly poor field.

If Labour want to gain any kind of prominence in Scotland then they'll need to up their game a great deal.

14. It's worse than that, Para. The Nats are seen as the 'answer' just like Trump and Brexit and UKIP and whatever else is being banded about at the moment as an 'alternative'.

A huge number of the electorate just want kick at something - the 'established' political system, usually. Totally forgetting that, for all its very many faults, the 'established' political system has worked for most of the democratic society all over the world - including here in Blighty.

We are faaaaar better off than our parents were. And they ditto.

It takes an extreme event such as the financial crisis where people realise for the first time in a looong time that our kids might actually be worse off than us.

And they start looking - in the wrong places usually - for people to blame.

15. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, what I don't understand is the point you make about peace in Europe since the formation of the EEC/EU (whatever) Who's to say there would have been another war had it not been formed? Not me or you can say there would have been another war. Anyway, there have been wars in Europe since the formation of the EU (remember the war in Bosnia ?, or doesn't that quite count as they were not in the EU at the time??) )

16. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

your right i have"nt had to live in a dictatorship, hence the reason to vote OUT, simple really to most but not to you.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. joinerjohn1

DA, you speak about "Humanity" What's that got to do with opening our borders to all and sundry (which is what the EU is after) When the country is full, does "Humanity" end? There's got to come a point when someone's got to stand up and say "Enough is enough, the UK is full" Come on DA, where are the jobs going to come from? Can you say that our economy is just going to keep getting bigger and bigger, creating useful jobs for all?

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Jesus h mfc. What a load of waffle.
    You'd certainly fit in well with most politicians.

19. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

20. joinerjohn1

Many accuse our government of being out of touch with people. Pah, the EU is out of touch with everyone in the EU.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-16-1621_en.htm

Yep fine each member country 250,000 Euros for failure to take just one refugee. I'm sure many EU members are going to refuse refugees and refuse to pay such a fine. Yet another slap in the face for the unelected EU Commission.