shower air lock?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by philgreg, Nov 28, 2015.

1. philgreg

philgreg New Member

I've just installed a salamander RSP50 using a new dedicated 22mm feed from cold tank and 22mm feed from Essex flange in side of hot cylinder. there are pegler non restrictive quarter turn valves on input and outputs. The output goes back up to loft and I've put manual vents at the highest point. I flushed input pipes before connecting the pump and the flow is excellent. When I tried flushing the outputs the hot eventually came through but I cannot get the cold to flow. I'm guessing an air lock but I've tried blowing back through pipes and I would expect the vents to clear it anyway. Any guesses?

2. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

Wet vac and suck on it always worth a try

3. philgreg

philgreg New Member

I had another go and sucked on it (without the vac ;)) and got water flowing, not as much as I expected but I'll let it run a bit. As the pipes are open I thought the water would just push the air out. Thanks for the reply.

4. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

is pipe installed so that it has a slight rise towards the CWS tank, if not it will airlock easliy.