Shower closure installation

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tore81, Sep 16, 2017.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi all

I'm finally coming to the end of a project and after a bit of advice about installing an the enclosures.

I have a 800x 800 tray but I had to recess one side into the wall as pipes were proud one end. So after tiling on top I have say 790 x 770. Im guessing if I ask an 800 shower enclosure it will be less anyway. Just wandering if this will effect the installation.

Also should I do all my siliconing now between the tiles and the tray and the internal wall tiles. Then fit shower enclosure at later date or do it all in one day?

Also have read only to silicone outside of enclosure. This is my first enclosure to install.

Happy with my project but will be glad to finish this one has lingers on to long

Any advice would be great

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Usually some room to maneuver reg the enclosure as they are designed to deal with out of plumb walls etc. How much depends on the design...a case of sucking it and see really.

Yes you can silicon the tiles/tray first but I'd wait until you've tried the enclosure first...just in case you need to 'adjust' the tray!!!

Silicon the outside so if any water/moisture gets into the enclosure framework, it'll run back out into the tray. Don't want water building up inside the extrusions and getting smelly!!!

tore81 likes this.