Shower door installation

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tore81, Oct 14, 2017.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi guys

After a bit of help.

Fitting a shower door! Which is glass heavy to fit.

Comes within a frame and pivots.

For the install I removed the door from the frame then fitted the door on the next stage. As door was glass was very heavy and awkward to fit. Am I doing this right? Any tips for getting the door back on?

Most doors I have changed in the past you fit the frame first then install the door after.

Any advice would be great

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Pic would be useful Tore.

What does it say in the instructions?

If heavy, then get a helper. Make sure the room is tidy and plan your movements.

3. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Very awkward to fit. Bathroom is tiny!

The only way I can think it can be be fitted is if the door stays attached to the frame and then fixed into wall slots.

Pic to follow

4. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

The door has a spindle attached to it, which slots in to the grey part shown in pic.

Pretty standard Set up can't work it out! Door is heavy and even with a helper difficult to locate into the hole.

Guessing now the door stays connected to the frame and then slotted into to wall plate. Thought this would be harder as door was swinging.

Becoming a challenge now lol

Attached Files:

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Any instructions?

Quite a few variations with regards to shower doors. More pics would be useful

6. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Got a feeling I've messed up and shouldn't of taken the door off.

Fitted different ones over the years

Attached Files:

7. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

On section 4 says slot wall profiles into door frame and looks like door is still attached

Attached Files:

8. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Afraid the door frame has to come out to fit the glass pivot door back in,It could be made to fit but risks breakage.

To stop the door swinging around get some proper duct tape 50mm wide extra sticky stuff,tape the glass door over the top& bottom frame on the handle side. Run at least 2 layers on top of each other in a tight continuous bands.

Get a couple wood blocks 50mm x 50mm,tape them to the frame mating point on the shower tray,wiggle the framed door into the channels and let it rest on the wood blocks.Now remove the tape holding the framed door together, clean any tape residue.

Remove the wood blocks and the framed door panel will drop onto the shower tray (watch your fingers !);)

Fitted a few extra heavy 10mm glass pivot door enclosures that way.

tore81 likes this.
  9. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Thankyou very much that's makes sense!

I Try to stick to the saying -
    If it's too difficult you are doing it wrong, learnt that years ago.

I can see your method being a lot easier will try again In a few days.

Thanks again