Shower power

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by PaulBlackpool, Apr 23, 2015.

1. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Which is best? A 9kw shower or a 10.8kw one. Would a user notice any difference?
    I am thinking about Mira Sport Max with Airboost.

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

In summer it wont matter...but in winter the 10.8 is better.
    Just ensure you use a full bore isolating valve(if any) to it !
    50A DP isolator. 30mA RCD
    Rs

FatHands likes this.
  3. PaulBlackpool

Thanks RS. Good tip about the isolating valve.
    Paul

4. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

All good above, but your supply cable needs to be 10mm csa if you're going for a 10.8kw unit. Get an electrician to test it, water and electricity like each other a lot......

5. PaulBlackpool

Will do. 10mm square T & E already up to loft . Maximum 15metre run. Crabtree 50amp DP isolator. 50Amp MCB ready as CPN don't do a 45Amp. (on assumption I go for 10.8kw shower).

6. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

Hi
    Fitted a Mira Sport a few years ago - never any probs - I would fit one again - great shower! RS is right - full pressure and flow water supply.

retiredsparks likes this.
  7. PaulBlackpool

Thanks Brian. It should be for the money! but hopefully you get what you pay for.
    Paul

8. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

As I recall I bought off the Web and it was sub £100 - how much is the Mira now?

9. PaulBlackpool

10. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

11. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

is the avatar a clue?

12. PaulBlackpool

Thanks for link but they are dearer than our hosts. Not getting one just yet .Just laid 10mm T & E so I can plaster up chasing on landing. Doing the whole house up. Finishing off a new build utility room at present.

13. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

Paul,

Which shower are you going for? What about other manufacturers - Redring, Triton? etc

You seem like a clued up DIYer. Any comments from you on my on my current posting re mcb in my shed? Currently giving our home - converted barn!!! - some serious upgrading prior to sale

Cheers

14. PaulBlackpool

The avatar is tongue in cheek. I did my best to cut my left thumb off a year ago with a large Dremel circular cutter and had to go to A&E in one. I have been searching for a suitable avatar for some time.
    Also readers of my posts might think twice about accepting any of my advice!
    I remember your posting but cannot find it now. If you are selling you need to be careful with DIY electric work. £5000 fine for contravening Part P!. (But I don't know how many have been fined) I am 68 now and have done a lot of DIY work over the years mostly out of necessity. You have to know your limitations and employ professionals when you need them. EG I have in the done plumbing ,soldered copper etc. but really don't want to do this myself anymore.I have a spread-sheeted budget but it is forever affected by the dreaded budget creep.

15. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Glad you agree with me sometimes brian...lol
    I am not all bad !
    RS